New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palin Resigning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wow. Would love to hear from the sourdoughs. Palin announced today she will resign her governorship.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Its too bad, I was always hoping she needed an intern!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Boar Hunter:
Its too bad, I was always hoping she needed an intern!

+1 to that. Can you say Palin 2012.

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not an Alaskan, just a Texan...but I'd bet she's positioning to run against Senator Murkowski; Palin beat Murkowski's father to take the governorship.

Cheers,

Frank Sauer

Posts: 20 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As quick as this came up, I'm guessing something was about to hit the news that she wasn't going to be very proud of.

Personally, I like her, but I think she's had her fifteen minutes of fame.

Senator Palin - Maybe, but will she resign that job too if something better comes along?

I think Lucy has some explaining to do.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frank sauer:
Not an Alaskan, just a Texan...but I'd bet she's positioning to run against Senator Murkowski; Palin beat Murkowski's father to take the governorship.

Cheers,
.Why run against Lisa .. There,s a Democrate we don,t need in office .......Alaska must have Republican senators and Congressmen in D.C.
.She,s climbing out of the cesspool ..... She did good work for us .. It is almost impossible in this anti Christian era for anyone who actually stands up for what is right .......... There are no end to the scum bags attacking .......
. You don,t go from being one of 2 people in the world in line for the Vice Presidency to nothing .. She will be moving up into something .. She is too valuable .....For Alaska and the U.S. ... Everyone else in the running is a lecherous , business as usual piece of trash ..............
. Parnel is a good hand , so I don,t think we will suffer ......

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I am not happy with her resignation. Much work has been done and much left to do. Palin has been quite successful here.

I am not impressed with someone quitting office mid term. Ms Murkowski has been quite a good senator for Alaska and I will not vote for Palin to replace her.

Posts: 9107 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I am not happy with her resignation. Much work has been done and much left to do. Palin has been quite successful here.

I am not impressed with someone quitting office mid term. Ms Murkowski has been quite a good senator for Alaska and I will not vote for Palin to replace her.

+1

Scott, let me know when you want to do some reloading. How was the fishing trip? Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
If she's dead set on a senate position I'd much rather see her against Bagovich or what ever his liberal name is. I'm still guessing Palin 2012.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not discount her taking some time and earning some money. Those jack-legs dogged her into $500M of debt that she can't afford.

She obviously has a young, large family to provide for with her husband.

Economically, this can be a good move. She has done a good job, taken a lot of undeserved crap, her earning power has never been better and she doesn't owe anybody anything.

I think she is terrific and wish her and her family only the best!

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
she doesn't owe anybody anything.

Perhaps the people of Alaska who elected her into office to do a job and finish her term, but other than that I agree. I get really pissed when I see republican or democrats in a public office disregaurding their duty for YEARS to run for president!!!!! I pisses me off to no end. If she is leaving to run at least she won't be stringing us along as our governor while running for office. I respect her for that if that's the case.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
One thing Alaskans can do better than most is tramp .. . Some trades call it Dragging up . Lots call it pullin the pin ..... There just comes a time when most should say ,f... it , I quit ., Call me a plane boys I,m down the road ......

. Everyone needs to know their limitations ... I can,t believe she took so much crap for so long .... I,m proud of her that she has more kahoneas.than most useless government officials do . Maybe all of them ..!!

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
The McCain campaign didn't do her any favors by picking her for VP. Seems like she was doing fine as governor and really wasn't ready for having to live and campaign under a microscope, particulary with the McCain campaign trying to manage her every word. Sorry to see her quit.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4730 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm both saddened and surprised at her move. I'm hoping she takes on Lisa & we get rid of her. Baggage doesn't come up for re-election for another 6 years so we can deal with him when the time comes. Yeah, he has to go too.
Lisa's been the senior Senator since Ted left & I haven't heard a blithering thing out of her about anything. Ted made his voice heard and that's what we need now. Hell, I've seen more of Baggage on Fox News than I have of Lisa - Wha's up, man?
Of course Baggage will vote lock step with the Dims (he already has) and I think the only thing he wouldn't vote for is any kind of gun control. He knows that would be a "no-no" for him. So What, tho? now that Minn. has that stupid, so-called comedian as the 60th Senator.
Get rid of Lisa first then take care of Baggage. That's my take on it.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad day for Alaska. Sara took a lot of undeserved heat. Very tough job and she stood up for a lot of things. Wish her the best when she runs in 2012! Time to get rid of the "messiah".

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Northway:
Time to get rid of the "messiah".

I don't forsee that happening outside of my dreams. Mad Thank God for term limits.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect there's something going on we're not being told, for better or worse.....

I'd support her to replace Don Young--who's still under federal investigation. Maybe he's being indited or something....

The reasons will show themselves in time I think.

Cheers,

Dan

Posts: 430 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Lou:
quote:

+1

Scott, let me know when you want to do some reloading. How was the fishing trip? Lou

I won't vote for Palin to replace Murkowski, but I don't think that is what this is about. Palin as chair of the RNC! Or maybe she should get on Fox news with the preacherman.

I think Huck has a real shot in 2012 against nobama the sock puppet. I don't know that Palin is a good choice, as Veep on that contest. Palin will have her year if she sticks around, but her year is not as soon as that. Huck and Cheney's daughter, that's what I am thinking.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan H:
I suspect there's something going on we're not being told, for better or worse.....

I'd support her to replace Don Young--who's still under federal investigation. Maybe he's being indited or something....

The reasons will show themselves in time I think.

Cheers,

Dan

Money, follow the money trail..

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
What is really stupid on our part is that we allowed Bagdad to take the crooks job, even though the crook was under inditment.

I think we as Alaskan voters screwed that up royally. And while Alaska may not get totally screwed by it, the we now have another Dem in the house of lairs and theves.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Palin begged us to allow her to represent us. She promised to work hard for us, to right the wrongs, to put this great State on the right track. She promised to put us first.

She broke that promise, she put herself first - she quit.

Parnell will do a much better job - because he wants the job.

Posts: 439 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:
What is really stupid on our part is that we allowed Bagdad to take the crooks job, even though the crook was under inditment.

I think we as Alaskan voters screwed that up royally. And while Alaska may not get totally screwed by it, the we now have another Dem in the house of lairs and theves.
What's this "WE" business?? I didn't vote for him, did you?

I think Sarah's lining up for something bigger than being a senator or congressman, though it would be good to get Young out of there, he's had his time in office and now it's time for him to go. Lisa has done a good job for Alaska and I think it's a good thing we don't see her on tv like we do Marky Mark, tells me she's doing business for Alaska and he's just a self promoting pos.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not an Alaskan resident but have significant investment in my grandchildrens lives up there. Palin scared the piss out of the Democrats and shook the core of the Republican Party with her honesty, intelligence and moral values. Thus, the old system kicked in and started after her and her family politically, socially and morally. Big goverment is scared of people like Palin and do everything they can to do them in. Just ask McCain or the Kennedy family. I am saddened that Palin didn't stay in Alaska politics but I can see her reasoning to take the fight from the govenor's office to the national stage in the near future. Go Sarah!!!

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your sins, the other for your freedom...."

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
quote:
she doesn't owe anybody anything.

Perhaps the people of Alaska who elected her into office to do a job and finish her term, but other than that I agree. I get really pissed when I see republican or democrats in a public office disregaurding their duty for YEARS to run for president!!!!! I pisses me off to no end. If she is leaving to run at least she won't be stringing us along as our governor while running for office. I respect her for that if that's the case.

Brett

If that's the case she should have stepped down August 29th. She bailed on us then and hasn't looked back.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
A little birdie wispered in my ear recently that she stepped down due to all the frivolous lawsuits running around causing a mounting tax payer debt of over $100,000,000 in legal fees.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
did you correctly mean 100 million in legal fees??

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
No, he's being fecetious. Sarah might be in a bit of trouble, apprently she ok'd the creation of a "Palin Defense fund" that supposedly violated state ethics laws. http://www.adn.com/palin/story/872192.html

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
That's what I was told $100,000,000. They could be wrong, but take a ridiculus number of frivolous lawluits and then times that by lawyer fees and it will add up.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M70Nut:
No, he's being fecetious. Sarah might be in a bit of trouble, apprently she ok'd the creation of a "Palin Defense fund" that supposedly violated state ethics laws. http://www.adn.com/palin/story/872192.html

I saw that. Looks interesting.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
My thoughts, goodbye and good riddence. So since not everyone is gushing oh Sarah we love you, she quites. That's real leadership, get some criticism and just walk off the job.

I really can't think of anything she's acccomplished while in office. Oh, she did push through the increased oil taxes, which is just starting to show it's effect on the oil industry. We've lost 100's of engineering jobs, and with no signifigant engineering projects in the works this year, that equates to no construction in the oil industry next year, and hence 100's if not 1000 more folks will be out of work. And when you take away the highest paying jobs in the state, there is less money being spent on homes, cars, hunting, fishing, etc, etc.

Perhaps if the lawmakers had the foresight to try and balance the tax structure with the economic realities of producing North Slope oil, the companies will look at ramping back up their investment. But as it is, they'll get a greater return on investment in other locations, so that is where they are spending their $. High taxes don't help much with production falling off.

We need a quarterback, not a cheerleader, and she just isn't up to the game.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
I,m looking for thumb ward to seeing what she does next . Best governor weve ever had

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
My thoughts, goodbye and good riddence.

I really can't think of anything she's acccomplished while in office.....

Paul, little arguement from me on the latter, quitting mid term isn't my idea of a good time.

As to the former, the gas line initiative is the biggest boom since the oil line or Senator Stevens ferderal money funnel to AK. Building a line and shipping the gas is going to be unbelievable for yours and my pocketbook.

At this time I don't believe she should have accepted the McCain offer and should have continued to succeed in state. I'd have liked to see her continue to go after those dirty Republican turds in the state mo-chine. Randy Ruderich is especially deserving of an investigation.

Posts: 9107 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Everybody says Alaskans first, but in her defense, it is family first. She has been hit with 6 ethics complaints, all by the same woman. 5 have been dismissed so far. Personal legal bills are close to $500k. Her daughter's have been insulted on national TV. You hear some of the most atrocious names used on her, usually by female democrats. In Ak she had a 90% approval rating before 08, then the Ak democrats were put on notice that they weren't supposed to like republicans of any ilk. I think most of us will tire of it after a while.

In my book, she did good. She didn't lie, she didn't cheat, no back door dealings. No trillion dollars in debt, no surge in unemployment, no industries shut down never to return, no taxes raised to pay for ludicrous programs that aren't needed/wanted. No, she did OK. It is a shame that she is stepping down, but she is doing right by her family and we wish her the best of luck.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
....and I think Alaskans may take for granted that we have the strongest economy in the country. I moved up this year from Ohio, so I know what it's like down there. It's not good!!! There's a reason why we're doing better up here and it isn't luck!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buddy K-9 has it right IMO. She scared the hell out of the Dems and probably shook up some of the Reeps. Thats why the "system" (media, pols, so-called comics, etc.) have gone after her. She was an unknown who came out of nowhere and had an amazing positive reaction from the public, save for the liberals. I think they fear her potential. She is still fairly green. I think she will grow. Do not forget your history. Not all officeholders(including Presidents) take office as a finished product; most grow into the job, even the better ones. Some do not, in spite of past accomplishments. By all accounts down here, most people in AK seem to have been happy with the job she was doing. As for that liberal lady up there filing all the lawsuits, why has not someone formulated a plan to go after her in the same, or similar manner? You need a new law up there to prevent these frivolous lawsuits and the abuse of process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brett, give it a year or 2, outside economics will catch up with us.

olguy, I wish the govt could recoup money from the folks who file the lawsuits if they are found frivilous. Unfortunately, it falls on the Gov and state.

I actually liked her speech today, not the best but boy, you can tell ol sarah has alot to say. Should be interesting on what path she takes.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really believe that we haven't seen the last of her either. Commentator on Fox News? And as was pointed out previously, she's scared the hell out of the effete snobs on both sides of the fence (you reading this David Littleman?).
As to the frivolous suits, I've been really contemplating contacting my favorite, local state politician and asking him to introduce legislation requiring that a bond be put up by the complianing party before it can be followed up. If nothing is found, or the complaint is found to be frivolous, the money from the bond then must be paid to the person who was filed against.
Just my thoughts on all of this BS. I'm of the mind the clown who's been doing all of this should be ridden out of the state on a rail. We did it once before with the folks who filed the compliant on the PFD's.
Bear In Fairbanks
( A member of AARP -Armed And Really Pissed)

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
A member of AARP -Armed And Really Pissed

Can I join? I've about had all I can take of the assholes here and in Washington DC.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bore Boar Hunter:
Everybody says Alaskans first, but in her defense, it is family first. She has been hit with 6 ethics complaints, all by the same woman. 5 have been dismissed so far. Personal legal bills are close to $500k. Her daughter's have been insulted on national TV. You hear some of the most atrocious names used on her, usually by female democrats. In Ak she had a 90% approval rating before 08, then the Ak democrats were put on notice that they weren't supposed to like republicans of any ilk. I think most of us will tire of it after a while.

In my book, she did good. She didn't lie, she didn't cheat, no back door dealings. No trillion dollars in debt, no surge in unemployment, no industries shut down never to return, no taxes raised to pay for ludicrous programs that aren't needed/wanted. No, she did OK. It is a shame that she is stepping down, but she is doing right by her family and we wish her the best of luck.

John

Nope, sorry man, if you sign your name on the dotted line it's not "family first," as you say. I certainly expect EVERYONE to do exactly what they say they'll do. If you sign up for a 4 year term you meet that obligation. If you think there is no precedent for the slander she was subjected to you haven't studied history at all. Many, many, many public leaders have suffered far worse. Jefferson/ Adams are the obvious example, Truman, Roosevelt, Klinton and Bush the current examples. If Governor Palin really didn't know it could get as bad as it certainly did apparently she wasn't a history student either.

You're right, she did quite well. I think it'd be easy to prove she has been the most productive governor in what? the last 15 years?

We do wish her the best of luck, the lady deserves it. Her quitting and lack of anything more than the mayor of Wasilla and governor for two years will weigh heavily on the voters questions of competency if she chooses to run for office again.

If Mrs Palin ends up the next Ann Coulter, I'll laugh like crazy watching her struggle under the weight of all the cash to deposit on her way to the bank.

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it'd be easy to prove she has been the most productive governor in what? the last 15 years?

Please show your "proof" bewildered

As you say - it shouldn't be too hard. animal

Be sure to carefully pick your parametrics. Maybe productive = not being present in the state you are supposed to be governing?

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote