Find
Notify
Tools

hunt permit results
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted
Well surprise, surprise didn't draw a damn thing this year either.

Don't know why I bother. boohoo

Guess I should quit bitching and suggest a preference point system for the next regulation board review.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, RMiller. I have been trying for thirteen years to draw a bighorn sheep resident tag here in Wyoming,, have that # of preference points to show for it.. We buy our general Elk, deer, black bear and mountain lion tags over the counter here, but have to draw for Sheep, Goat, Moose (Shiras), My year is starting pretty good, killed a nice cinimon/blonde bear Memorial Day weekend,, just got cow/calf elk tag, two doe/fawn antelope and a buck antelope tag in the mail (draw).. heading to Alaska in Sept for Dall and Grizz... shapeing up to be a fun year.. Les

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Congrats and good luck on your hunts.

Guess I need to do some hunt planning now that I know what I won't be going after.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WoooHooooo! Drew my first Caribou under the new system and also a moose tag for good measure. Must be my lucky year!!! Greg

"These are the times that try mens souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." Thomas Paine winter of 1776

Posts: 115 | Location: Wasilla Alaska | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Miller - I agree with you wholeheartedly on going to a points system. I think it really sucks when a non-resident is virtually guarenteed a bear tag for Kodiak Island but a resident plays hell getting one. Then, there's Delta bison - won't even go there with that.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote