Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

info on a lowe tunnel hull
 Login/Join

posted
was thinking I might need a new boat come spring, looking at a 16655 lowe tunnel hull with a 90 hp/65 jet. what type of boats do you have and is this a good setup for moose,fishing, let the info fly. Were would the best place be to pick up a boat/ who do you think would have the best deal Thanks Steve

Posts: 27 | Location: los anchorage AK | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AM&D in Anc. is the Lowe Dealer http://www.akmining.com/ I have a 16' tunnel W/a 40hp
short shaft W/prop. They are LITE! You get what you pay for less money=less aluminum.
If you run it hard you will need access to a tig or wire welder

Good luck!!

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Summitx,

Out here in Dillingham the only way to get to fishing and hunting other than flying is by boat so I have quite alot of experience with different types of boats.

The rig you described should work fine in the rivers. The only thing I know on the negative side about the tunnel hulls is that they can loose suction on a sharp turn (You are talking an outboard jet?)and they do cavate in choppy water. The ability to run full tilt boogie in 4" of water may over ride the problems.

Lastly you may want to check horse power restriction where you plan to use the boat. Seems like the Kenai and other streams limit the size of your engine.

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote