Find
Notify
Tools

Made it to Alaska
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 323
posted
Well made to Alaska on the 21st all I have to say the drive thru Canada was somthing some the prettiest country I have ever seen.. The drive thru Alaska wasn;t bad either LOL.. Now just trying to get settled in only brought one gun with me should of brought them a couple of more Canadian customs were pretty cool.. Ah just an excuse to buy some more Now I need to find some good gunshops in the eagle river/anchorage area. Also need to find some folks on good fishing advice as well haven't fished for yrs..
Almost forgot some good hunting advice as well I would love to go huntign for caribou and moose
John

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Alaska. I'm sure you will enjoy the hell out of it like the rest of us.

Stop by Alaska custom firearms on old seward (atleast when you learn the streets of anchorage). Been using him for more than a few years.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Boondocks in Eagle River has very good prices on rifles and Steve down at Alaska Custom Firearms can do wonders with a rifle. Welcome to Alaska!!

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
How long are you going to be stationed there?

My goal is to take the Navy Chief recruiter job up there in 2 years.

Good luck, there are lots great gun shops in Ank, and a few that are bastards. You'll have plenty of time to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote