New
Find
Notify
Tools

SE ALASKA BLACK BEAR HUNT OPENING
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got out of hospital after major knee surgery; blew my quads out. So there is an opening for one on 1:1 hunt May 18-24. Boat hunt with guide Eli Lucas (1-907-772-3405-alaskahunts@hotmail.com). Used his 50 ft boat as base camp & 2 motor skiffs to hunt many bays & coves. Took nice 6'8" bear on day 2 in '09. Hunt partner took huge 7'2" next day. GMU 3 has huge blalck bear population density. Spent last 3 days fishing as we tagged out early. So liked hunting with Eli that I booked this 2011 hunt with him. Yes, I am re-booking with him for 2012. Have been on 2 prior brownie hunts and 1 previous blackie hunt with other guides prior to '09, so I think I know a great guide when I am in the field. email me direct at chazgreen@sbcglobal.net until this Thursday, then I switch to WOW & address will change/ Chaz

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Chaz , sorry to hear of your injury . To bad you won,t be able to come up this year .
Get healed up good ..
.Eli is a great guy and a born hunter and he knows unit 3 as well as anyone in Alaska and better than most men twice his age .

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gumboot 458/ thanks for your well wishes! Rehab after 6 weeks of not using/bending the knee will take some work. Have been on blood thinner since Feb 1st for the blood clot in my lower leg. What a mess. Have told Eli to keep my deposit & apply it to 2012 hunt if he fills out the hunt this May. Really liked Eli as a man, as well as a guide. Had the privlege of having dinner at his home with Tara & their two kids last night of our hunt. I would be proud to have them at MY dinner table with my family & friends! What more can I say............

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote