THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    How close would you have allowed before Ka-Boom
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How close would you have allowed before Ka-Boom
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's been a few unwounded bear charges I didn't shoot on at less than 5 or 6 yards, glad I didn't. Was able to vocally deter them. But a wounded bear charge is different....Luke did a great job in this video.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
I must get a Go-Pro for my barrel!

And a 458 Lott for charging bears!

BOOM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoDak416:
Excellent performance from the guide. Having been in that situation on 2 different hunts I can say it takes alot to keep your wits about you. Beautiful bruin for sure.

Every year I hear stories about brownie sows being shot under DLP during a "preceived" charge at 15+ yards and just as many stories of where experience saved numerous bears that were bluff charging.

I was manuvering to get a look at a big boar the hunter shot and a sow came boiling out of the alders looking back,, she almost bowled me over and I screamed at her and she stood up and blew snot in my face and mouth. I killed a smokehouse bear here at the house at 2 AM at a reange of my 358 Norma flames into his throat!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was that a DLP bear?

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote