Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lost a good friend
 Login/Join

posted
our friend Big Joe Lothian, who poster here as "ovis" passed away in his sleep last night.
he had been ill for some time, but the forces of earth, wind, fire, friends, and family couldn't convince him to see a doctor.
he was the most stubborn man i have ever met.
he will be missed.

Posts: 9 | Location: homer, alaska | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Am saddened to hear this. Joe was one of the good guys.

He would stop by on ocassion when in Kenai. Twas a real gentleman. To think that tipping a cup with him will not happen again is hard...

bhtr

Posts: 223 | Location: Soldotna, Alaska | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I never met him and only knew him through his posts. Sorry to hear about that.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Homerdave, thanks for sharing that with us, I have read many of ovis' posts on here and other sites over the last few years and his wisdom will be greatly missed. Our condolences to his family and friends.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry to hear of Joe's loss. I've coresponed with him for several years, and had been meaning to meet up with him some day.

He was a good man and will be missed.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
Dave,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sorry to hear of Joe's loss. I've coresponed with him for several years, and had been meaning to meet up with him some day.

He was a good man and will be missed.

My sentiments, exactly.
Rest in Peace, my friend.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
I did not know Joe, But hear he was a great Sheep hunter, my condolences go out to him and his family...from one sheep hunter to another...As other Sheephunters who died before him, may his spirit live high in the Mountains...CK

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I just saw this now. I knew Joe through this site & a few others. He was always fun to talk to through e-mails. Wish I would have got to know him in person. I am sad that he is gone. My prayers are out to him & his family.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote