THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Nice caribou picturein the AK forum. Thanks!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nice caribou picturein the AK forum. Thanks!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thank you Paul, for the great caribou picture!

At least you have some pictures of bull caribou. All I have are pictures of cow moose, and calves, browsing in my backyard.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I only see bulls in areas that are closed to hunting, or out of season

I took that pic in Prudhoe Bay a few years ago. It was just on the edge of the living quarters, with piles of drill string and other equipment in the background. I cropped it down so it appears as large as possible. There were actually three bulls together.

The time I really wished I'd had a camera was when I was over at the Milne Point Field, and the caribou were migrating accross the road. There must have been at least 10,000 caribou, stretched out as far as the eye could see on either side of the road. Mostly cows with what looked like twin calves. Truly an amazing spectacle. I wish everyone had a chance to see a mass caribou migration.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote