New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have any extra moose Meat?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am in Wasilla going to the doctors and need some moose meat.I have had Lymes Disease for the last 18 years.I only eat wild meat but I didnt get a moose last year.I have had the worse attack of Lymes Disease in 18 years this year.I have tried a bunch of meds but it seems moose is the best cure for it.I got pretty sick 6 years ago a friend brought me some moose meat and I got well.I was just wondering if anyone around Anchorage,Palmer or Wasilla had and extra moose or game meat.I have gotten to where I only eat wild meat but it seems Alaska is the hardest place to get any, any more thanks Mike

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
dgr416 -
I've got you covered for about 20 pounds, if you like. That should get you through a couple of weeks, if you're not a total carnivore!
Just give me a call at Wiggy's-Alaska and I'll bring it in on the day you're coming to town.
I hope this helps you fell better. It'll certainly put meat on your ribs!

Marc Taylor
336-1330

Posts: 3 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 21 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will see if I or a friend can pick it up for me.I sure do appreciate it.I have grown up on wild meat and cant eat the store bought stuff at all.I can use all that can be spared thanks Mike

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc Taylor:
dgr416 -
I've got you covered for about 20 pounds, if you like. That should get you through a couple of weeks, if you're not a total carnivore!
Just give me a call at Wiggy's-Alaska and I'll bring it in on the day you're coming to town.
I hope this helps you fell better. It'll certainly put meat on your ribs!

Marc Taylor
336-1330

A really, really nice gesture. Don't see too much kindness like that these days, which is a shame, albeit understandable. Anyway, my hat is off to you.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey dgr416,

I much prefer wild game over domestic on the table........I do eat domestic meat when I run out of the wild game in my freezer/canned. Unfortunatly for both of us I have run out Frowner.

From your past post's that I've read, it sound's like Moose hunting in your area is a tough proposition and hard to consistently fill the freezer.........If you have a boat or access to one, I'd be happy to share a good hunting spot with you that is in your neck of the wood's or close enough.........That's the best I can do!

PM me if interested.

Good on you Marc, for sharing your bounty from the land.

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it was 3 brow tines and 50 " I could always have moose in the freezer.I dont have a 4 wheeler .So I have to go with someone or walk.I see tons of bulls but they are eith 3 brow tine of less than 50 ".I just got sick and this Lyme Disease kicked in on an attack and floored me.I am so thankful for the meat given to me to try to get over this hill.I am trying my butt off to get well so I can hurry up and get back to seminormal living.This stuff is like toting a a 100 pound sack of concrete.And any heat above 80 degrees kills me.Thats why I moved here to keep from getting worse.I have to hunt and fish a little slower but I still try my heart out.