Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving Tomorrow
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted
I'm leaving for my first ever trip to Alaska tomorrow afternoon, first to Anchorage and then to Bethel. My hunting partner and I will be somewhere at a drop camp for seven days/nights (6 hunting days) hunting caribou, but maybe there will be some birds and fish mixed in (I'll also have a wolf tag). Afterward, I'll be in Anchorage for about a week at a conference and hopefully I can work in a little fishing.

This is also my first, of what I hope are many to come, BIG-TIME hunt. The closer it gets the more excited/anxious/nervous I get. I know I have way too much stuff, but I think it's all good gear.

Anyway, I hope to have some good photos and stories to share when I return.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Redlander,
Who are you flying with out of Bethel? The weather here in Bethel has been less than desirable. I hope it clears up for you.

"Take your kid hunting, so you don't have to go hunting for your kid."

Ted Nugent

Posts: 89 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Redlander.
You should consider getting more than 1 wolf tag, they only cost $30.00. You can get up to 5 of them. It would be a shame to see a 2nd wolf (or more) and not be able to kill it.
Good luck.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kusko:
Redlander,
Who are you flying with out of Bethel? The weather here in Bethel has been less than desirable. I hope it clears up for you.

Pa Pa Bear Adventures. Yes, I have been keeping an eye on the weather and I hope it tones down a bit.

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Keep us posted !!!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck redlander.

give us the report when you get back.