Picture of Abob
posted
Looking for a Smithy to tune up my 375 H&H

I live in the MAT-SU Valley

Any recommendations?

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Steve Untiet at Alaska Custom Firearms, he did some work on my Marlin 1895 XLR 45-70 this past spring and his work is first rate
http://www.alaskacustomfirearms.com/

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
I have a Whitworth Mark X that I bought at Longs Drugs in 1984; had a 3 psn safety, barrel band & express sights added years back

now want to work on the action

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Steve can do it, he's got all the equipment and skill to do whatever you need done.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll second alaska custom firearms. Good guy too, I was asking him some questions about reloading and he gave me a call after he got home and looked up the data. Stop by and look at some of his rifles he has on display in the shop.

Posts: 31 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
I would get an LED-powered front sight on it, as it is awesome option, but I am not sure where to find a good gunsmith in the US, maybe PM "Marc_Stokeld" here in the forum - he is a nice guy for making rifles...:

for the LED-Sight:
http://www.titanium-gunworks.c...r-blaser-rifles.html

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote