Find
Notify
Tools

Deer Hunting Withdrawl
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted
Damn, I'm going thru hunting withdrawl. Only 6 month and 24 days until opening day 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found this site that has some real nice Sitka blacktail pics. Looking thru these really gets me pysched up for 2004.

Sitka Blacktails

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I havent hunted them since 98. I plan on making the hunt an annual event hopefully in a couple of years. I have been having withdrawals too. They are so tasty and fun to hunt.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Where do you hunt?

I have been to kodiak once and montague island 4 times.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MuskegMan,

I hear you..I'm suffering from withdrawal myself..can't wait til next fall..hope the deer have a nice easy winter!

That's a cool site you linked...the top 3 pics on the left are my favorites. Those 3 are pics of Kodiak, I believe...the two guys are brothers, and bad-ass hunters...

dave

Posts: 314 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi come over to our lovely state and have fun .Get a license and deer permit and you got until feb 14.you can shoot 2 doe a day till then if you wanted.

Posts: 116 | Location: N.J. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put four in the freezer about a month ago - had deer tacos last night. And I am still chomping at the bit.

Unfortunately, I believe we are going to have a bad winter kill this year from the snow that we have so far.

Posts: 323 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 15 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I hope there isn't a big die off. I was actually thinking of going this fall and I was hoping maybe the kodiak limit would be raised.