Find
Notify
Tools

Summer Gun Show Aug 1-2
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
Looking at flying in for the Summer Gun Show at the Sullivan Center. Is it worth the ride from Dillingham? Although I had a good time meeting folks at the Palmer show last March, there wasn't much to look at. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
.Good question , . As I,m new to the mainland I have no idea ........ Usually I,m in some remote location when gun shows happen .....

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
You were at the Palmer show you will see a lot of the same stuff over again.

It seems anymore after going to 34 years worth of S.C. AK gun shows I'm just looking for that odd bag of cheap brass or bumping into an old shooting buddy I haven't seen in awhile.

I would'nt fly in from Dillingham for it but since you've only been once to an AK gun show it might be worth it for you. Maybe plan an Anchorage shopping trip for that same time and kill two birds with one stone.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldnt waste my time, unless you got other plans. I stopped going to the gunshows around here a couple of years ago. its cheaper to buy online. Besides after friday, I'm gonna start paying for a back surgery for my wife....no $$$ no new guns.....but.....

I planned ahead. I picked up a savage 99E in 308 tonight for her when she gets better. mounted a new m8 2.5x and waiting for her to get back to the range.

Dont need any overpriced gunshows.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joel/AK:

I planned ahead. I picked up a savage 99E in 308 tonight for her when she gets better. mounted a new m8 2.5x and waiting for her to get back to the range.

. thumb clap Right on .. Does it have the detachable clip or the rotary magizine ??

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks! So unless I can get a prisoner transport and fly for free, I will stay at home. Lou

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its rotary.

Our first 99 so I'm not sure what type of magazine is better.

If she doesnt like it, I see a 358win or a 338fed in its future.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
+1 for the 358 Win!!!