THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Garrett's Ammunition "Now Available" to all Alaskans!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garrett's Ammunition "Now Available" to all Alaskans!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted
In the past some of the good 45-70 ammo was not available to Alaskans.Garrett Cartridges is now available to all Alaskans thru Rayco Sales (907-789-4862) in Juneau.They carry all his Hammerhead ammunition and can ship to any location there.

Spendy,I assume but I have never shot any factory ammo as consistant as his with less than 5-fps deviation(on my chronograph) in the ten I shot to primer seating depth.Tack drivers out of my Guide Gun.

Infact here is a Grizzly blasted at 40 yards with his 540 grain Hammerhead!

quote:

Attached is a photo of my Grizzly bear taken in Northern BC on May 5/2006
with a Marlin Guide Gun and your 540 grain Hammerhead ammo. The bullet hit him through the front of the chest, destroyed his vitals, and exited through the hind leg after breaking the leg bone, at a distance of 40 yards. He
never took a step.

XXXX XXXX

British Columbia

Jayco

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have found his 45/70 and his 44 Mag ammo to be first rate.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote