New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you Alaskans!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thank you for lending us your beautiful, smart and charismatic governor. I don't believe for one minute the leftist media spin that she didn't help McCain in this election.

Now, I need to ask you guys one more favor involving Sarah: when Ted Stevens has to resign from the Senate because of his conviction, please, Please, PLEASE replace him with Sarah! I know y'all love her and want to keep her up there. But we really need her influencing our national policies on energy and environmental extremism!

BTW, this post is intended for Alaskan's only. I beg that in not get moved to that cess pool called the political forum.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
I'll second all that said!

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
clap

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
The Governor of Alaska is the one who can name the successor to the vacant senator seat. I'm not sure if Sarah Palin can name herself to succeed Ted Stevens in the event that Stevens has to resign or is forced from office. One way to get Sarah that seat is for her to resign her Governorship, appoint the Lieutenant Governor to replace her, then have the new Governor name Sarah to the vacant Senate seat.

SARAH PALIN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2012!!!

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2nd that.

Doug Klunder

Posts: 163 | Location: United States | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to go Moose hunting with her!

patriot

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be difficult, but yours is not wholly my inclination.

I'm hoping the Gov will remain in office for the next 6 years. She has much to do and has proven herself more than capable in her first two years.

Our Lt Gov seems to be a good fellow and we'd probably all welcome his appointment to the Senators seat.

I suspect for many here the loss for the Republican ticket is a mixed bag. We'd have rather McCain won but aren't sorry Palin lost.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI, since our previous governer Frank Murkowski apointed his daughter to his vacant senate seat when he became governer in 2002, the state changed the law regarding replacement representatives. A special election will be held to fill the seat, the governor cannot appoint the replacement.

As to Stevens, I firmly believe his trial was a sham. Hopefully under review the case will be thrown out due to prosecutorial misconduct.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:
Just an FYI, since our previous governer Frank Murkowski apointed his daughter to his vacant senate seat when he became governer in 2002, the state changed the law regarding replacement representatives. A special election will be held to fill the seat, the governor cannot appoint the replacement.

As to Stevens, I firmly believe his trial was a sham. Hopefully under review the case will be thrown out due to prosecutorial misconduct.

+1 thumb

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
To piggyback on what Paul H said, the gov will appoint a temp senator who will serve until the special election is held, which is 60 days from the day the seat is vacant. Personally, I think Sarah would take Ted's seat should he be thrown out by the Dems and Parnell would then become governor. Could be a good thing all way around for Alaska.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She was the ONLY breath of fresh air in this cam"PAIN". Give her a BIG welcome home.

til later

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAHUNTER:
Thank you for lending us your beautiful, smart and charismatic governor. I don't believe for one minute the leftist media spin that she didn't help McCain in this election.

Now, I need to ask you guys one more favor involving Sarah: when Ted Stevens has to resign from the Senate because of his conviction, please, Please, PLEASE replace him with Sarah! I know y'all love her and want to keep her up there. But we really need her influencing our national policies on energy and environmental extremism!

BTW, this post is intended for Alaskan's only. I beg that in not get moved to that cess pool called the political forum.

Just looking in from the cess pool but I have to agree with you. It would be nice to have a conservative of her nature in the Senate. And your right, this is a much better forum to post this.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muskegex
posted Hide Post
She is not very popular in SE Alaska ... she did not win that part of the State in her Gov election ... and she has pulled allot of funding for SE projects, since.

Including the 'bridge-to-nowwhere' monies ... but her DOT people are back in Ketchikan trying to work on new funding for the Gravina Access Project.

It is not going to be business as usual upon her return.

Some snippets from the week-end Ketchikan (republican) paper ....

Sister Sarah's hometown friend and office assistant is making a salary of $105,060 has been traveling with Palin and has been charging the state $1000, travel / per-dium a day while on the campaign trail. Even though Palin is still drawing her $10,417 a month salary she cannot charge the state any travel or per-dium because she is not on state buisness. Under investigation. It's being called unethical and probably illeagle.

Also the complaint on Palin's past abuse of per-dium (home use and girls travel with her) is now formal and is now before the bi-partisan ethics committee.

A group of prominent Republicans are calling for an apology from McCain disparaging Monegan .... Monegan is being called before the State personnel board to testify how much damage has been done to him. Possible suit by the State against McCain.

Posts: 134 | Location: ketchikan | Registered: 28 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
This is about hunting in Alaska.

The next time I go hunting with my daughter who lives in Eagle River, I'm going to drop by Wasilla (if she's not in Juneau or elsewhere) and see if Sarah Palin is there and if she's had any luck with caribou lately.

I'm also going to let her know that I appreciate her support of hunting and of legal ownership of firearms.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KUDUBULL:
I just wanted to go Moose hunting with her!

patriot
;;;;;;

I,m not so sure you would , she is a pretty goaheadoner . lady , I don,t think I could keep up !!

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
See thats the problem with Ketchikan ...Just the drain of Alaska ... Prominent Republicans ,,, Like the trash who threw away the Timber Industry ... If they all fell in a sink hole on Hecata Is , it wouldn,t hurt one bit ...........

There is alot of over paid trash in this state and the gillion dollar bridge to no where and its backers are at the head of the line .........Hopefully the state prosecutor will be handed his down the road papers if they try to sue McCain .......... Ex , do you own land on Gravina Is ,, Is that why you want tax dollars to go to a stupid bridge ...............

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She certainly was a ...

quote:
breath of fresh air in this cam"PAIN".

BTW...

I have loved my trips to AK-- y'all are blessed in the Great Land!

-Too bad I was with backpackers and fishermen. While we had a blast, next time there will have to be a hunt in the mix.

"Happily clinging to God and Guns"

One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gumboot458:
See thats the problem with Ketchikan ...Just the drain of Alaska ... Prominent Republicans ,,, Like the trash who threw away the Timber Industry ... If they all fell in a sink hole on Hecata Is , it wouldn,t hurt one bit ...........

There is alot of over paid trash in this state and the gillion dollar bridge to no where and its backers are at the head of the line .........Hopefully the state prosecutor will be handed his down the road papers if they try to sue McCain .......... Ex , do you own land on Gravina Is ,, Is that why you want tax dollars to go to a stupid bridge ...............
clap jumping He sorta sounds a little bit like Dewey....

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote