THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    you guys mind sharing some of that snow?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

you guys mind sharing some of that snow?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw some footage from Cordova and Nome on the news the past few days. Flat out amazing. Hope everyone is well up there and staying warm!

Posts: 1434 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
It's been snowing for 3 days here,now it's -20 and blowing about 35mph! Can you say SNOWDRIFT!!!!!!!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Yep....Anchorage hasn't been exempt either. We've had our fair share this year and just got some more last night that's till coming down.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
YEP
I plowed my drive once this morning and will go out in a bit to do it again.
Took this from my window a couple minits ago.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand Wis had some snow today also but I am spending the winter in AZ no snow here. Big Grin

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am getting limited on places to push the snow at my house. Ugh!!!!!

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send some up on the Yukon at the border, we are short so far this winter; but been a mild one which is great.

My son is flying back to UAF after xmas break on friday. So I figured I better get a little work outta him while it was above zero and we rode snowmachines out to a new hunting spot (hundreds of years old lick) that hasn't been hunted for 30 years. I started a trail from my backyard and no other trails into the spot. So now 5 miles back in and we got around another 400 yards done with 2 stihls today. I really like living rural and winter is great; though I prefer September.

We only have about 2 feet in the woods, hope we get some more or we'll have burns come April/May.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
You can come an get all of mine that u want .. Falling timber in crotch deep snow is Not fun .

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Just started raining today. I was on top of the driveway snow berm on Sunday shoveling it back so I could stack more snow on it. Shoveling 2x per day for 3 days straight sucks. My boat frame/cover has only collapsed 1 time this year.

8 to 15 feet of snow on the ski hill sure doesn't suck tho. Been skiing on my fat boards 90% of the time so far this year.

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very hard on moose across a broad area of Alaska. One of the worst winters in the last 30 years. Moose will starve in large numbers but,of course, wolves and bears will catch the blame. Some things never change.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Never feed a troll!!!!

Posts: 26 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 18 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Heat wave today. Double digits - 14 degrees. I can't remember when it's been above 5.

Dave

Posts: 921 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Moore:
I am getting limited on places to push the snow at my house. Ugh!!!!!

Matt

You're way up on that hill. Just push it down onto your neighbor!!

Here's a shot from the drive looking up to my deck that's about 10 feet up.

Front entry...

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7611 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jim in AK:
I Never feed a troll!!!!

Me too!!! Great idea.

One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Free snow, just pay shipping. Just got another 15 inches.

Dave

Posts: 921 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can ship more if you melt it frist. rotflmo

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote