Find
Notify
Tools

Mannlicher Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
Thought you might enjoy seeing the latest addition to my LH rifle collection. It is a 350 RM built on a MRC Short Mag action. Rifle was built by Serengeti Rifles. I can't praise Rod, Larry and group at serengeti enough. They were very easy to deal with and delivered a product that more than met my expectations. To top it all off...the thing shoots. Rod sent me a photo of the test target with a 3 shot group that was a perfect clover...all 3 holes touching. I assumed it was at 50 yards but after talking to him was assured that it was a 100 yard target. Last weekend I nearly repeated it at the first range test. Needless to say...it is possible to make a mannlicher shoot. For anyone looking for a quality custom rifle or stock I highly recomend giving the folks at serengeti a try.

Here is the photo of the 100 Yard Test Target

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
Roscoe....well done! Thanks for sharing the photos. I always enjoy seeing custom lefties.

Care to fill us in on more details? Did you use a MR barrel? Barrel length? Did you use a Serengetti stock pattern? Sights by ? End cap by ? What does she weigh in at?

Thanks again for sharing, it's a beautiful piece!

Wayne E.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very very nice, there is nothing more graceful than a mannlicher, your rifle is top notch.

posted Hide Post
Roscoe,

Is that a laminated stock?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Wayne and David...thanks for your comments. The barrel and action are both from Montana Rifle Company. They are both stainless and I had them SereKoted matte black. Barrel is 22" long and has NEG sights both front and back. As for the Stock pattern, I am not sure what the basic pattern was. I worked with Rod at Serengetti to design the rifle. I told him what style of stock I prefer and he took it from there. George it is a laminate however you have to look close to notice. I strongly believe the laminate stock is the way to go with a mannlicher in order to prevent stock warp. I asked Rod to pick a stock blank that would hide the lamination as best he could. As for the end cap...there again you will have to give Rod a call and ask him where it came from. Total weight including scope and full of ammo is around 9.5 LBS. Once again I highly recomend the folks at Serengeti. I have several custom rifles and this was some of the best service I have ever had. They kept in touch on a regular basis and sent me photos of the rifles progress. I plan on using them for another stock in the near future.

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

posted Hide Post
Roscoe,

I like the fact that their laminated stocks don't look like a laminate. Very nicely done.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny_Revolver
posted Hide Post
That... Is laminated??? I`m stunned. Up tell just now I`d have considered a laminated stock the most god awful gawdy looking thing ever. Thats beautiful.

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful rifle! Wanna read something REALLY stupid? When I look at a Mannlicher I have a really hard time with a left handed action. Seem almost sacrilegious to have the bolt on the proper side for the correct people [us]. Aint that a hoot? I don`t have that feeling with a normal sporter---just the Mannlichers and African type rifles. I have a brand new [one of the first] Montanas in the long action that I could have used to make myself another 375. What did I use? An old FN comm.

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Roscoe, Excellent rifle. I want a mannlicher in 350 Rem Mag built on a Rem LH short action with an 18 inch barrel. I think it will be handier in the heavy elk timber. A model 600 350 Mag with its 18 1/2 inch barrel chronograghed 2710 fps with the 225gr Sierra Spitzer Boattail with a maximum charge of Accurate Arms 2460. This gives 3500ft lbs of energy. A lot of smash for a lightweight carbine. I have a XXXXX exibition grade rock maple stock blank that will be made into a classic msnnlicher.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's excellent, what a nice combination. I have an MRC short action but I built it for long range instead of as a handy sporter like yours. You tempt me to build another one more like that though.

Now the following is a joke so everyone don't get your panties in a wad!

I never thought of calling the one out of the group a fouler! Duh! think how good this would look:

That group was shot out of my MRC actioned gun but the one out was my fault on the last shot, not the gun's. I knew when the sear tripped that I pulled it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12578 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ROSCOE,

A very nice looking rifle and obviously a shooter.

Congratulations.

I like the rear sight being far enough forward to clear pretty much any kind of scope mounting too. Seems to look pretty cool on a Mannlicher style stock IMO. I also like the fore end metal and front sight hood - tasteful.

I don't see any swivels attachmentd for a sling in the photo; or did I simply not look close enough? If they're not there what do you plan (or not plan) for a sling?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Gerry,
I seldom use a sling while hunting so I left mounts off on this rifle. I designed the stock to be slim to fit into my hands…ready for that Kudu to jump out!