THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Welcome to the Lefties forum!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome to the Lefties forum!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Lefty here. Going to Namibia in Sept 08
Dakota 76 375 H&H
Browning A-Bolt 30.06
Remington 700 VSF 308
Savage 10flp 308
Stag M4 (lefty) 223

Posts: 4 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Welcome, lefty375!

Are you going for plains game?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes I am. It is my first trip across the pond. My father and I shared a dream about going to hunt Africa, but unfortunately, cancer robbed him of his opportunity. After he passed away in 06, I decided that I was not going to wait any longer. You never know when your number is going to get called.
I am going for eight days, and plan on taking Kudu, Gemsbok, Impala, and Mountain Zebra. If I am lucky, I will get a shot at a warthog or Black Back Jackal. Using the 375 for everything though.

Posts: 4 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 08 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bring a second rifle, just in case of a problem with the .375. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am planning on it! I have a 30.06 that worked alright taking deer in Arkansas, but I can always use an exuse to pick up another rifle. Thank you for the advice. I have learned so much thanks to this forum. It is a very helpful tool for all hunters visiting Africa

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a lefty also and proud of it !

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a lefty, first lefty rifle, 1967, a left-handed Savage 110 in 30-06, still have it.

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better late than never. Another one of the left hand gang.
Shoot a (pre-mil) Savage 99 in .250.....among others.
Being a lefty means I shot righty most of my
life and still do. After all these years
it only seems natural. No need to quite now.

One of Us
Picture of Rex Rat
posted Hide Post
Right eye left hand trigger. Most stocks don't fit, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 93 | Location: Somewhere in this multiverse | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
I'm left handed and left eyed. My dad got me a Savage 7 mag when I was 18, shot an old lever 30-30 since age 8. I have LH Browning A-Bolts in 325 WSM, 270 and 375 H&H; a bunch of Marlins in .22, 30-30, 36, 450 & 45-70. I love wheel guns and have about 25 S&Ws plus a couple of nice 1911s - over 60 guns.

Got a nice book for Christmas, a Left-Handed History of the World by Ed Wright. Read it - see the similarities between Ramses, Alexander the Great, Julius Ceasar, Joan of Arc, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Isaac Newton, Napoleon Bonaparte, Beethoven, Queen Victoria, Lewis Carroll, Mark Twain, Firedrich Nietzsche, Henry Ford, Marie Curie, Mahatma Gandhi, Charlie Chaplin, Babe Ruth, Alan Turing, Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, Bill Gates, Navratilova & McEnroe, The Lefty White HOuse Cluster - further reading. (All left handed)

That book may open you eyes to who we really are, as we have very similar characteristics. We are in good company . . .

I just came here a couple of weeks ago, spend a lot of time on a lever gun website and the S&W forum.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
Another lefty here.
The only right handed stuff I do is surfcasting & using a chainsaw.
Good thing the RAF was understanding enough to let me shoot the L1A1 from the left as later experience showed just HOW dominant my left eye is.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
its not my fault that right handed people are WRONG!

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
I too am left handed in every meaningful way.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
looking for a rem 700 lefthand action or rifle

Posts: 152 | Location: ky | Registered: 14 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
John,

Long- or short-action?

George