THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Welcome to the Lefties forum!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome to the Lefties forum!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a lefty but due to being persecuted my entire life, I have switched to being a righty at times (kicking, shooting, playing golf, peeing, eating, buttoning my shirts). I kept my lefthanded heritage while writing and playing baseball.

I learned to shoot a pistol with both hands, a rifle and shotgun right handed due to being right eye dominant.

Play tennis with both hands so I never developed a backhand. Same with racketball. I punt a football with my left foot and kick off with my right.

My wife is 100% left handed and I have three right handed kids, two of which are ambedextrious with nearly everything.

I vote with the conservatives (right) but am not in favor of this current war (left side). Oh well....

I am soooo mixed up, but such is life.

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Another southpaw checking in.
I like this forum.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, shoot, write, eat and throw leftie. Golf, bat and bowl rightie

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count one more from downunder.

Already picked a neat lead on this site. I do like those Montana Rifles someone posted earlier.

FWIW CZ are talking about bringing out a left hand centrefire later this year.

Joe

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe-
Where did you hear that CZ is coming out with a left hand rifle? That would be too cool. I'd take one of their 416 Rigby's (or 505 Gibbs) in a heartbeat.
quote:
Originally posted by JFE:
Count one more from downunder.

Already picked a neat lead on this site. I do like those Montana Rifles someone posted earlier.

FWIW CZ are talking about bringing out a left hand centrefire later this year.

Joe

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ has been telling me for three years they are bringing out a large bore leftie. Don't hold your breath.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have expanded their 22 line. Maybe if they see good sale there it will encourage them to make a centerfire.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a LH CZ rimfire and contacted CZ regarding some extra parts. At the same time I also enquired about whether they were looking to bring out any LH centrefires. Below is the response from their customer service dept:

>Pertaining to your request we suppose to produce an CZ 550 rifles test series to the end of 2006 year but, the exact date and specified calibers don´t determined yet.
>
>Faithfully yours
>Radomir Jarko
>CZ´s Customer Service Dept.

This exchange was from Oct last year.

I tried suggesting that since the market was well catered for in LH std length actions they should consider either (or ideally both) a small action (ie Hornet / 223 size) and/or large action (ie 416 Rigby size) and fill a niche for a well priced LH action sizes.

I think if they were emailed with expressions of interest from a bunch of lefties, they might be more inclined to take more note what lefties would like to see and in turn what they might find a ready market for.

There seems to be quite a number of lefties reading this so perhaps you might like to contact CZ yourselves and urge them to bring out what we really want.

His email address is :

OTS@czub.cz and his name is Radomir Jarko

Regards,

Joe

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wanna play too! Lefty all the way.

Aloha, Mark [in Or]

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Count me in.

Posts: 20 | Location: Central Valley, Calif. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Just sent my email in to CZ. Two grandchildren and I are hoping there will be something positive come out of this. cheers

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
...count me in - according to my teacher in my primary school that tried anything and fail miserably to make me RH - I am unsolved left problem thumb - great idea with this forum...

Posts: 2028 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johnny_Revolver
posted Hide Post
I`m as left handed as anyone ever was, but for shame, I own no left handed guns sofa

Posts: 131 | Location: South east Queensland Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Lefty here, I only own 2 left hand rifles: A browning abolt with a 30 inch 280 Imp. barrel and mauser 3000L with a 26 inch 358 barrel.

Posts: 22 | Location: Birchwood Tn | Registered: 12 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hope I'm not about to be guilty of the necro-posting thing ... Wink

Anyway, life long Lefty here. One L/H carbine, hoping to find a left-hand DG rifle for my next non-government trip across the pond.

Erick

Posts: 7 | Location: northern CA | Registered: 25 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I count as one. I shoot a gun, shoot a bow, bowl and bat using my left hand, but I eat and write with my right hand. Go Figure!

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dr. Tim Burkhart
posted Hide Post
I guess I am not alone. I am right handed but I shoot rifles, shotguns and pool lefthanded. I shoot my bow and pistols righthanded. All my rifles are lefthanded. Using Blaser rifles makes it easy though. My boys shoot righthanded, so all I have to do is switch the bolt out!

Posts: 166 | Location: Caledonia, Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HeftyLefty
posted Hide Post
nother lefty here. Cant live without 4 pairs of lefty scissors

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non ["something essential" lit. "without which not"] for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or police."
---Adolph Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938

Posts: 28 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted Hide Post
CZ rifles in Left Hand, 527 in 223Rem. will be available in Australia late August. I got a email from CZ few months back and 30/06,300H&H,.375H&H and .416Rigby are planned to be made. The 300H&H was a surprise

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The good Doctor confesses he is also a Lefty !.

Although while in the military I was made a righty !. No wonder I was ass backwards most of the time !.

I'm now ambidextrous !. I prefer lefty rifles and own just a few " dozens ".

Shoot straight know your target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also a lefty.
Walt

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My name says it all!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Born and raised southpaw here. My first grade teacher tried to make me write right-handed, Dad about blew his stack when he found out. Been persecuted but never prosecuted ever since.
Currently own two LH bolt guns, several lever guns and two Ithaca model 37 shotguns due to being a leftie.

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
lefty here, but was forced to shoot rifles and write, right handed, so i can shoot and write both ways, the only other thing i do right handed is peel potatoes. (my parents never had a left handed peeler) LOL

Posts: 76 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Left handed and color blind

Posts: 560 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey there everybody !!I know that I may shoot from the "left" but I know that I am "right"!!!lol lol

Posts: 52 | Location: TEXAS yall' | Registered: 07 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Natural born lefty.

My prefrence in bolt guns is to shoot a left-handed rifle from the left side, but I can shoot left and right handed rifles from either side if I need to. Same with handguns.

I can use most tools eigher right or left handed but am more effecient using them left handed. I can also use chopsticks with either hand.

If I need to use a different work station I will switch the phone and computer mouse and everything else on the desk to left hand reach and leave it that way when I am through. Why does that upset the right handed people when they get the desk back?

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
yep me too.
I used to use semi auto rifles and shot guns mainly till they were banned in Australia.
Now I use LH bolt action rifles.
Remington, Savage, Sako and Blazer.
I still miss my semi autos heaps.
When I shoot pistol I use my left eye but hold the pistol in my right hand.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lefty, have 5 M70 rifles, one 22Lr CZ, Heym 500N.E. Great to have this forum of southpaws.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in.
Currently have 3 lefty rifles -
Remington Custom KS 280 Ackley
MRC 375 H&H
Remington 700 30/06 that wants to be a 257 STW.

It's really cool having a left hand forum to talk about all those silly righties behind their backs. Ha!

Posts: 90 | Location: Where the rivers run north...MT | Registered: 09 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Welcome, prairiegoat.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Shoot left handed since I am left eye dominant, everything else I do right handed.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodford
posted Hide Post
Me too!

Posts: 35 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
salute lefties unite!!! patriot

Posts: 52 | Location: TEXAS yall' | Registered: 07 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now with all this " Lefty Power " , why couldn't we agree to 3 MAINSTREAM calibers in a LH action from 2 or 3 current manufactures . Describing what we would like with numbers behind our request .

The problem I saw previously was everybody wanted something Different . IE 458 lott 22-250 7 MM 6.5 MM Wooden stock , Synthetic stock .

If LEFTY'S are to ever influence weapons manufactures ?. We as a group need to UNITE on first MAINSTREAM DREAMS which could become reality , given numbers to back it up . Vote on 3 only majority rules , all center fire , 17-.280 , .280-.338 , .338 - .416 .

Then we will vote on 3 manufactures who don't offer LH actions ,the SAME WAY majority rules .

IMO ; I see this as fair . Those of you who want Elephant stoppers buy a custom rig !. Because if you can afford Africa you don't need some manufactures off the wall model .

Please put some thought into it before making this decision , who knows WE may have to live with it !?.
My $.0025.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
Another lefty checking in!!

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of uplndjake
posted Hide Post
I'm lefty and in my right mind

chance favors the prepared mind

Posts: 16 | Location: the island, ny | Registered: 11 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr K -

I think your idea is a good one. It has the greatest probability of success by concentrating effort on those companies that have in the recent past, or currently offer left handed bolt action rifles.

My pick of companies would be, in alphabetical order:

Ruger - new Model 77 / Hawkeye

Winchester - for the CRF Mod 70

Remington - because they import Zastava / FN-Mauser M98 rifles.

Charles Daly used to import the Zastava into the States, and Zastava offer a left hand action. Or they used to, because I had a semi custom rifle built on one of these actions in the US a couple of years ago.

My shop shelf standard chamberings would be:

.30-06, .338 Win Mag and the .375 H&H Mag. From these standard action /magazine lengths you could have just about any rifle chambering desired for not much more than the price of re-barrelling and some feedwork.

For the rifles themselves, I suggest two options:

plain wood and blued and

stainless steel with a Rutland plywood type wood laminate stock - for bad weather conditions.

Ruger already have / recently made stainless steel/ wood laminate left hand rifles in .25-06, .270 & .30-06.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
P.S.

I am still holding my breathe for a left hand, centre fire CZ550 action for the .30-06 and standard magnum length cartridges.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Left handed, through and through.