THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Action Recommendations 6.8 Left Handed Rifle

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Action Recommendations 6.8 Left Handed Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted
I'm trying to put together a 6.8 SPC bolt rifle for myself.

I'd like to have a detachable magazine fed bolt something like the CZ. (Probably wishful thinking.)

The .223 CZ won't work as the magazine won't hold the larger diameter 6.8 cartridges.

Any suggestions, keeping in mind I'd like the action to be properly sized for the cartridge?

Thanks.

Mike

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
The Charles Daly 223 actions may work...or you can buy a Remington.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
The Charles Daly .223 actions WILL work. Mine is awaiting stocking at the moment. Did shoot it with a makeshift stock just to see if it would work ok. Sure did. The smith who did mine just retired, that's why I'm not mentioning him. However, any good smith (repeat good) should be able to do the modifications.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
built on for my son on a lh cd mini action. feeds great and works fine.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Ahhh! Another left-handed Max! (I'm one) Great minds must think alike.
dancing

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

I'll try and locate a LH CD action.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what about a rem model 7

Posts: 136 | Location: s.e. bc | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Borden makes a real nice action, they are somewhat of a Remingoton 700 clone but are a much better built action. You can use any stock that will fit a Remington 700. You also can get a detachable magazine. I'm having a rifle built right now with a Boren left handed action, H-S Precision stock with a detachable magazine. A really well built action at not too bad a price.

Posts: 74 | Location: Wells, Nevada | Registered: 05 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
An update:

A smith on a 6.8 forum advises that a CZ 527 can be re barreled to 6.8 and bolt face opened with little problem.

Further you can open the bottom metal up a bit to accept the 7.62x39 CZ 527 mags and it'll feed the 6.8 perfectly. Or you can buy new bottom metal for a 7.62x39 and simply replace the .223 bottom.

I have a Rem 700 take off barrel and a CZ527 in .223 ready to go. Now it's a matter of deciding whether to replace the bottom or open the current one up and finding a smith to put it together for me.

Finally getting closer.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChopperGuy:
Thanks for the info.

I'll try and locate a LH CD action.

$299 for left hand actions
http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=77093738

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12578 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote