THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    LH synthetics for Winchester 70's

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH synthetics for Winchester 70's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw a post below in which the HMFIC has a Montana action (LH) in a Bansner stock. I PM'd to confirm it. I do not see any LH's available for other than 700's on Mark's site.

Any other options for a LH sythetic stock for a Win 70 LA LH? I cannot stand paying $450 and waiting 4 months for a McMillan. Banser gives me a law enforcement discount, and the turn around is about 2 weeks. They do need some elbow grease to finsh, but the weight is next to nothing.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
JJ it is true...and you have mail.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did receive the PM. Thanks. Any idea how much effort is involved to convert a right to a left ?

Does not seem as easy as one would think,,too me.

I've wanted to try an Accurate Inovation, but I really like this Model 70 in 7 Mag that I have. I would like it to be lighter than heavier. Heard the AI stocks are very heavy.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/837108194/m/453108735

That is why I modified this Bell & Carlson they do not make one for a LH Win.

kk alaska

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
My 'smith said its not as tough as one would seem. Converting it was a concern when I wanted the "Hi-tech" stock. He said he does quite a few LH conversions, and he didnt even charge me to do it.
As far as AI stocks, I too have heard they are a bit heavy, but I am still pretty sure I am going to use one on the my next build, which will be an MRC action, undecided on the bbl. but will be chambered in .358 Norma. Mag.

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyway you'd PM with a contact for your Alberta 'smith so I can see if he'd assist me in the conversion ??

Also is the ejection recess on the original right side filled in as well, or was it only the RH bolt handle recess that was filled

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Both the bolt handle and the ejection recesses were filled in. Then he cut both the same in the LH side. Pound rockymountainrifles.com (Its in Dawson Creek B.C.)into your confuser and, there should be a contact # and/or email add. The 'smiths name is Rod.

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
How'd did you make out JJ?

Rod

Bob Hagel

posted Hide Post
Brown precision makes a lh Win 70 stock I used one for my Montana rifleman

Posts: 173 | Location: Pa | Registered: 02 April 2004Reply With Quote