Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

newbie here
 Login/Join

posted
I just found this forum and I am glad that I am not the only one that is frustrated with rifle makers. I do have a question about my tikka 595lh. Does anybody know if there is a steel magazine (clip) available for this model. I e-mailed a company called TJ general store as they show alot of parts for tikka but they never responed. Is there anywhere else I can go. I have a small collection of remington left handed rifles and is it me or does it seem that everybody else is offering more left handed and rem is offering less. I don't mean to ramble on but we leftys get left out. Thanks for any info Rick (grampyg)

Posts: 10 | Location: Coast of Maine | Registered: 13 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry can't help with the tikka but i do see more options by the different makers for us lefties

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Welcome. I've never seen anything but plastic on the Tikka mags so I don't know if anyone makes metal ones.

I don't know if Remington is offering less lefties, they did add the short actions a little while back. When I was a kid you could get the 788 in 308 and 6mm Rem and the BDL's were available in 30.06, 270 and 7 Mag. At least now we have 223's and 22.250's.

I think that other makers are just making more now. Besides the obligatory 30.06, 270, 7 Mag and 300 win, Ruger, Savage etc. gives us the WSM's and 25.06, 338, etc. I even bought the M70 in 375 H&H when Winchester made their last run of lefties in 2004.

Even though we have less choices than the righties this is still easily the largest selection that we've ever had.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
grampyg, I used to have a tikka 595 lh in .308. At that time there was steal 5 round clips available and I bought one, but it was expensive. I no longer have the rifle as it was sold to someone who just had to have it.

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And don't forget Browning, many chamberings from the 22 Hornet to the 375 H&H are available for a lefty.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 5 round extended mag for my LH 595 22-250
has a steel body with a plastic bottom and follower. I don't know about the longer 695 series. Also, you can find (sometimes) the 3 & 5 rnd mags on Ebay or thru the Beretta website. If you go thru Beretta, be prepared to get reamed.
Hope this helps.
SB Smith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote