New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Remington 760 or 7600?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Remington makes or made the model 870 pump action shotgun in a left hand version. Has Remington ever made the 760 or 7600 pump rifles in a LH version?

Next question, are there any other pump rifles made for lefties?

cheers,
- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted Hide Post
Yes they did, RH gun with LH stock and correct check piece for the left handed shooter. The rifle also had the basket weave checkering on the stock and forarm. I saw this gun about 15 years ago and is the only one I have ever seen.

JC

Posts: 102 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JC375
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention the rifle I saw was the semi-auto.

JC

Posts: 102 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I made my 760 a lefty by putting a LH safety on it.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Greg, does having the shells ejecting in front of your face bother/distract you when you're shooting?

cheers,
- stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a right hand pump model with a left hand safety< my dad changed the safety years ago for me when I was young, I think he just removed the safety and turned it around, although I may be wrong. Never had a problem with the empty brass.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stu C:
Thanks for the replies.

Greg, does having the shells ejecting in front of your face bother/distract you when you're shooting?

cheers,
- stu

Nope, never noticed it. Of course if I missed it could be used as an excuse. Smiler

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. Gives me another rifle idea to ponder now.

cheers,
- stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to own a right hand pump. The one thing I do remember about it was after firing a round my right hand would pull the slide back about an inch exposing the inside of the receiver.
I would always think, what if this thing blew out the back of the case or spit out a lot of unburned powder? If it did it would go directly into my eyes. Sold the pump soon afterwards.

Lefties have no business shooting any weapon where the actions open up directly into their line of sight.

Sure, on the range it is eye protection, but I dont wear glasses when I hunt.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6604 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote