THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Stag Arms lefty AR-15 rifles?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stag Arms lefty AR-15 rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with the left-handed AR rifles that Stag Arms makes? I have recently developed a hankering for a 9mm carbine and the Stag can be had at about the same price as most right-handed offerings. I'm a little leery of the proprietary bolt and other parts. Any opinions?

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 556 stag. Shoots well and is finished nice. I also bought parts to build a AR45. All were nicely made.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
One of our match shooters has a build on a left handed Stag. Shoots as well as any other AR. I might consider a spare BCG since it is not a standard part. For a low failure item you could probably get by without on hand spares.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've owned a lefty Stag for over 5 years and never had any issues with it.

The handiest thing is when some rude SOB at a public range is pelting you with ejecting brass, you can break out the lefty and fire some back at him.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had one for several years. Good gun, never had any particular issues with it. But, I got out of the .223 and AR game, so it moved on. Just as happy with a lefty bolt in .243, but it's a good gun if it fits your needs.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had my stag left hand for almost 9 years. Although not a ton of rounds through it there is 2700 so far no problems or failures with it. In would not hesitate to buy another if I needed one. I have been completely satisfied with mine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have their 6HL, and it is so accurate it is boring. And that is with anything you feed it. When they tell you half moa, they aren't lying...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a stag arms 6L at local gander mountain - very impressed. Very tempted to get one. Think it comes with a 1/2 moa factor guaranty/expectation.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don't know that there is anyone to honor that warranty.

Stag Arms has ceased operations, lost their FFLs, and is trying to sell to someone with a manufacturer's FFL.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
I don't know that there is anyone to honor that warranty.

Stag Arms has ceased operations, lost their FFLs, and is trying to sell to someone with a manufacturer's FFL.

George

Damn their website was alive when I check from the store. https://www.stagarms.com/

Seems like a nice gun. Don't see lefty AR too often.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
BATFE busted them for paperwork issues on their NFA items. The CEO plead guilty.

It was a couple of months ago, if I remember correctly.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read that someone else had purchased the company. Anyway it's a moot point because I put together one with a PSA lower that uses Glock mags.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://fox61.com/2015/12/22/st...-leave-gun-business/

HARTFORD -- The owner of a local gun manufacturer has pleaded guilty to violating federal firearms laws.

The president of Stag Arms, LLC, Mark Malkowski, 37, pleaded guilty to a federal firearms charge. Per a plea agreement, Malkowski has agreed to pay a $100,000 fine, while the company will pay a $500,000 fine. Stag Arms also has to forfeit its gun manufacturing license, and Malkowski agreed to get out of the gun business and never return in an ownership or management role.

"This is not an industry where sloppiness can be tolerated," U.S. Attorney Deirdre Daly said.

In July of 2014, the ATF conducted a firearms compliance inspection of Stag’s two New Britain manufacturing facilities, including a building which houses gun-maker CMT. A 2007 inspection found record keeping violations which the company was warned to fix.

During the latest investigation, ATF investigators found that more than 3,000 gun receivers --the part of the gun that includes the trigger and firing mechanism--were not properly registered, violating the National Firearms Act. Federal agents also discovered a total of 62 fully automatic machine guns and machine gun receivers which were either registered somewhere else or not registered at all. Guns were also recovered which had serial numbers "obliterated," meaning numbers were purposely erased.

Furthermore, federal prosecutors said Stag Arms could not account for 200 guns, meaning they are lost. "We don't know where they are, whether they were stolen, whether they're on the streets, or whether they're in the wrong hands," Daly said.

Stag Arms, LLC released the following statement:

"Stag Arms, LLC today announced that the company and its founder, Mark Malkowski, have reached a resolution with government officials stemming from an investigation that began last year relating primarily to the timing of recordkeeping during the manufacturing process and compliance with federal firearms manufacturing and registration requirements. Both Stag Arms and Mr. Malkowski cooperated fully with the government throughout the investigation. While both Stag Arms and Mr. Malkowski believe that public safety was never compromised, they have agreed to enter guilty pleas and to pay significant fines, because doing so is in the best interests of the company and its employees. Mr. Malkowski has also agreed to transition the business to new ownership and is in advanced talks with a potential buyer. Mr. Malkowski will continue as a marketing consultant to the business and the industry for a period of time following the sale. Stag Arms takes its obligations to comply with all laws and regulations very seriously and has made comprehensive changes to ensure that similar problems cannot happen again and that best compliance practices are maintained in all of its operations."

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elkins45:
Does anyone have any experience with the left-handed AR rifles that Stag Arms makes? I have recently developed a hankering for a 9mm carbine and the Stag can be had at about the same price as most right-handed offerings. I'm a little leery of the proprietary bolt and other parts. Any opinions?

Have had zero problems with the LH Stags--

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hopefully someone will have spare parts for left hand receivers...

One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
Stag was sold and is up and running...

Have a 5.56 carbine and 6.8 rifle - the 6.8 has become my beater - use it all the time at the deer lease.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote