Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted
Does Tikka make a LH version? I Looked at their website and didn't see anything but I am certain I saw one at a gun store.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Elkman the Tikka T3 in the Whitetail hunter comes left handed.
The link is a pdf. file and showes at least they are available.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elkman-
The previous post is not quite accurate.
The Whitetail Hunter series (left hand) appeared in the mid 90's. It was available in both long and short LH actions and was available in wood and synthetic stocks, blue or stainless, although the left hand guns were wood/blue only. While quite accurate, they were a touch heavy and didn't sell well.
The T3 series is a re-worked Whitetail Hunter. It's lighter, more trim and is available both right and left handed and stainless/synthetic. It also comes in many calibers and long and short actions. It comes with three or five round, single stack detachable magazines. The mags will not interchange between the Whitetail Hunter and T3 series.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elkman,

Up here in Alberta a few stores have the Stainless / Synthetic models in stock w/ a variety of chamberings. The Hunter model is available, though less common.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sbsmith:
Elkman-
The previous post is not quite accurate.
The Whitetail Hunter series (left hand) appeared in the mid 90's. It was available in both long and short LH actions and was available in wood and synthetic stocks, blue or stainless, although the left hand guns were wood/blue only. While quite accurate, they were a touch heavy and didn't sell well.
The T3 series is a re-worked Whitetail Hunter. It's lighter, more trim and is available both right and left handed and stainless/synthetic. It also comes in many calibers and long and short actions.

sbsmith,

foxfire did note the model as a T3 Hunter.

And to further your post, the T3 action is not available in different lengths. Tikka has been using boltstops for the different length cartridges..........

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected, thanks.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'm weighing the options either I will restock my very accurate Ruger 300win to save some weight or I will buy a lighter rifle . The T3 seems like an option I think they are about 6-3 or so.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tikka T3 is made in lefthand in blue steel/syntetic (light), stainless/syntetic, and stainless/wood and blue steel/wood (hunter) all with no sights.

Kimmo