THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Winchester model 70 sporter III price

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester model 70 sporter III price
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is a good price for a LH Winchester 70 sporter III now that they are discontinued? I have a local source that is closing them out. I picked up a 300 WSM and they still have a 7mm WSM in stock.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
$699 would be a good price, I guess.

The WSMs weren't big sellers, anyway.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am always on the look out for left handed rifles and from what I have determined the 7mm WSM is the least desirable of the WSM's. I have seen many for sale at $700 which is what they originally were selling for before Win stopped making them.
In todays market I think the 7 WSM is worth at most $650, the 270 a little bit more and have seen the 300 sale for $800-$900.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up the 300 for $599 and I can get the 7mm for the same price. So, maybe I'll just buy it and leave it in the box and let the value climb (unless Winchester brings them out again in LH).

They cataloged it in 325 WSM as well, but God only knows if any left the factory

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I saw an ad last week for a 7mm wsm for $500, although it had been fired. It was anib and had leupold bases.
I would buy the 7mm wsm and keep it for a donor rifle in case I decided to build a wildcat, like a .25 caliber wsm.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah, the 25 WSSM was a mistake, in my opinion. It should have been wsm length

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you picked up that 300 WSm for $599 you got yourself a great rifle at a super price. Thats a $100 under what they sold for when new before Win announced the closing Big Grin

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah, the store's sale price was $699 but they chopped another $100 off the closeout and discontinued guns.

If anyone wants one, check Gander Mountain. That is where I got it. Sales end Feb. 2nd. Any of their stores will check the computers and see what all their stores have for stock, and can bring it in from another store if available.

I just went back, and they still had the 7mm and it was marked down again to $549, so I picked it up.

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cline:
yeah, the 25 WSSM was a mistake, in my opinion. It should have been wsm length

You are correct. I can't imagine Winchester not fixing this obvious problem. Maybe next year.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love this site. Read about the deal at Gander. Took my broke backside out there and sure enough there was a brand spanking new Mod 70 LH in 7wsm but not for the $599 as Ken was lucky enough to find but.... $549.

I can't buy an MRC action for that. Thanks Ken for the heads up.

Posts: 62 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 26 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah, the original sale was supposed to be through the 2nd, but they have a huge inventory of clearance guns that apparently HAVE TO GO. So the signs in the stores say, anyhow. The new sale with bigger discounts is running through the 17th. Not sure what they will do after that, but probably most will be gone at those prices.

The left hand sporter III's are $549 while they last. Not sure if Gander Mountain stocked any left hand featherweights or not.

There are tremendous deals on the right hand bolts there too, but that doesn't help those of us in this forum too much. lol

one of us
posted Hide Post
has anyone checked out the prices in the past day or so?

I called my local store regarding a 270 WSM and they quoted $700 for a sporter and $750 for a featherweight? Are these not on clearance, or is the sale over?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cline:
I called my local store regarding a 270 WSM and they quoted $700 for a sporter and $750 for a featherweight?
NO!!!!!! ROSCOE SEZ THAT AIN'T POSSIBLE!!!!!

And the price is WAY too high for Snowwolfe. homer

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote