Notify
Tools

New Stiller Predator 308
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
New 308
Stiller Predator SA LH. Hart fluted barrel
Seekins DBM, McM A3, threaded for AAC suppressor. Gunsmithing by William Roscoe of LA.

Posts: 66 | Location: Huntsville, Texas | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR, Mike.

That's an interesting rifle. What is its intended purpose?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Tactical rifle competitions?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12557 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle Mike

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Want to shoot F T/R matches and us it for hog hunting here at home. Hoping the AAC suppressor will allow more then one shot before the hogs break and run. We will know soon, picking up my 223 and 308 suppressors tomorrow.

Posts: 66 | Location: Huntsville, Texas | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
picking up my 223 and 308 suppressors tomorrow.

So how did it go?

That is a nice-looking rifle. I like the straight-taper barrel and a McMillan stock is on the list for my next build. Which scope is that? Got any targets to show us? Thanks.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
What is the procedure for obtaining a supressor? I presume there are forms & fees. What else?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the procedure for obtaining a suppressor? I presume there are forms & fees. What else?

Owning a suppressor is about the same as owning a machine-gun. The ATF classifies any device that reduces the report of a firearm as a Class III device. You have to go to a local ATF office, fill out a Form 4, get fingerprinted at your local police station-- it's usually free for this purpose (mine was), get a sign-off from your local chief law-enforcement officer (county sheriff), go back to ATF with $200 for the transfer stamp, wait the 90 days or so for an FBI (full background check) by the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and when all of that is done and you check out as OK to have a suppressor, the one you provisionally ordered three months before should be ready to ship to your friendly, local Class III dealer. Some states allow them, others do not. I doubt any state allows hunting with them, but that's just my opinion. They are great for shootin' targets under a canopy. They reduce the report to about what you'd hear when swattin' a fly in a kitchen with a linoleum tile floor. Very easy on the ears. A young man had one on his 300WinMag at the Reno, NV range last time I was there. It sounded like a smart clap of the hands-- just a "pop" instead of a thundering ka-pow that makes you wince. Cost of one? I'm thinking I read somewhere they are about six bills. Your barrel will have to be machined for the thread-- more downtime at the 'smith's...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote