New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dosen't it suck??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
To go into a gunstore and see a georgous rifle that you would love to buy but it's RH??

Maybe we're better off and saving lot's of money buy not being able to buy them.

Ever think about that or is it just me?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
All the time. Being left handed has saved me 10's of thousands of dollars in the last few years alone.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12559 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
if I was right handed I'd probably need at least 2 more gun safes, but I wouldn't be able to afford the house to keep them in.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
To go into a gunstore and see a georgous rifle that you would love to buy but it's RH??

Happen all the f-----g time. But my son is right handed and has some dandy rifles!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Think about it every time I see a nice rifle or even double (SxS) shotgun as they are all cast for a right handed shooter.

I'll just stick with the nice rifles and shotguns I have and spend the $$ I save on more hunting trips!

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on that !!!. thumb

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys, I know what you are all going to say, but my problem is that my son and three Grandsons are all right handed. Who am I going to leave my twenty or so left handed rifles to when I die?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
uncle dhufish i found you Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Guys, I know what you are all going to say, but my problem is that my son and three Grandsons are all right handed. Who am I going to leave my twenty or so left handed rifles to when I die?

I'll take a few of the very best ones off your hands right now...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I knew this was going to happen , but snowwolf was first, I am only 68 and in perfect health, But going to Africa end of this month to look for a Cape buff, I am taking my L,H Dakota .375 Ruger and my L/H.Rem. .458 Win. If I get stomped , snowwolf gets first pick, otherwise you will have to wait another twenty years or so.Cheers Guys

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love you manSmiler PM me for my official name and address so we can work on your will Big Grin

Interesting, I also have a LH Dakota but in 375 Wby built by the Biesen family out of Washington. It sees little use any more since I bought a 375 Ruger.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
no... it doesn't...
What REALLY sucks is when you see a very nice but WAY overpriced gun in left hand. I for one am COMPELLED to buy it. I have a perfect Ruger in 458 Lott I was told was one of three made. Was told Bill Ruger Sr. had one, Jr. had one and I have the 3rd... I'd love to verify the truth but for now it's a shooter for my friends that think a 7mm Mag is the hardest kicking gun in New York State Smiler

Same thing applies for my Beretta DT-10.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it does suck that we leftites are always left (what a pun) suckin' hind teat. We go into a gunstore and see 648 rifles in RH-- and 3 in LH. The few that are there are usually in calibers in which you have no interest. Thank God for Nesika, Lawton, BAT, Stolle, Farley, Stiller...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wanna know what really sucks? Be an accomplished right handed shooter and then lose the sight in your right eye.

That happened to me in 1966, so I taught myself to shoot shoulder weapons left handed. After all these years, I still haven't lost that right-handed muscle memory, but I have evolved into a true left hand shooter.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jetdrvr same here 1970 but I started shooting left hand taught myself to shoot right hand because of the shortage of left hand guns then lost my right eye in a accident

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Life just ain't fair, is it? Wink

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of x-ring
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe we're better off and saving lot's of money buy not being able to buy them.

Heck yes I think about it. Echoing the comments/thoughts of many by saying (and my LH buddies agree) that the ONLY reason we're not "more poor"/divorced/destitute is the fact that we ARE left handed. Put's the brakes on the impulse buys for sure.

My battery spans the .17 to .416 caliber with a lot of stops along the way. If I can't hunt something with what I got already--it's got to be from another planet.

Plus...Not being a member of the well-born or comfortably wealthy--I long ago decided that every gun I bought would probably reduce my opportunities for hunting--left or right handed!

But...if someone knows where I can get a deal on a LH Searcy double... Wink

RECTUM NON BUSTUS

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:

It sucks double so for me, because if I like the rifle, right handed or not, I'll buy it anyway! guess that's why I'm always broke.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote