THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Ruger 375 Alaskan's on CDNN

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 375 Alaskan's on CDNN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Down load CDNN's latest catalog and go to page 31. They are showing a left hand Ruger Alaskan in 375 Ruger for $699.
Just trying to keep my lefty buddies informed of a good deal. Merry ChristmasSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dang, I wish I could find some earthly excuse to buy one of those, despite:

20" barrel - I don't much like rifle barrels shorter than 22" and especially not for chamberings running 75-80 grains of powder
.375 Ruger - I really don't like recoil anymore, the .30-06 is about as much fun as I'm willing to have these days. Got no need for a .375 Ouch&Ouch kickalike.

But these just look so cool! Wink And that is a great price.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
donor gun for a 330 Dakota (or any of the calibers of such)

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as us lefties go, these are classic rifles. Function, power, handling, accuracy, and looks. I am considering buying a second one just for... I don't know, but it seems like a missed opportunity if I don't.

...on earth as it is in Texas

Posts: 93 | Location: Magnolia, TX | Registered: 04 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No more .375s. I just checked and they have 7 Mag, 300 Win, 300 and .338 RCM in left hand.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2146 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Evidently the last 50 are on sale at Davidsons through the end of the year. My local dealers site shows my price at $593 through the Gun Genie

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it stupid to own two of these? I sure as hell ain't gonna wear out the one I have but I just went through so much pain and anguish for a year trying to find one the first go around that I am unnecessarily considering buying another one of these for no justifiable reason.

Addiction. It's ugly.

...on earth as it is in Texas

Posts: 93 | Location: Magnolia, TX | Registered: 04 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXpitdog:
Is it stupid to own two of these? I sure as hell ain't gonna wear out the one I have but I just went through so much pain and anguish for a year trying to find one the first go around that I am unnecessarily considering buying another one of these for no justifiable reason.

Addiction. It's ugly.

I feel your pain. Wink

When Ruger made that run of LH short action Hawkeyes in .308 I got two. One is a shooter and the other is just sitting in the closet unfired, still has the hang tag on it. I'm sure I'll be glad I did it someday, but for now I'm kinda thinking, "now why did I do that....?" Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That darned thing just keeps calling to me....

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't believe only one has been sold since Monday. They also have the 25-06 and 300 win. mags on sale through the 31st. Over 40 of each last I saw.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is ironic that Ruger announced a couple of years ago they would no longer produce left handed stainless rifles yet new production runs keep on appearing at different distributors.
We also know the "limited run of 100 lefty stainless 375 Rugers" is not a limited run at all.

Dealer sale price for the 25-06 and 300 Win is $488.99. The 375 is going for $539. Sale ends 31 Dec.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the 25-06 and 300 mag's are leftover supply from when they stopped making them. But, they definitely have put together far more 375's than some would have us to believe.

posted Hide Post
Ken and Snowwolfe,
Thanks (I think) for the heads up about Davidson's. Have a 375 and a 300 in stainless/laminate on the way-at about a hundred bucks less each that CDNN. Great buy, especially on the 375.
Steve

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know when you get them in hand. Those are the two I'm looking at as well, but leaning more towards the 375.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,
Had my dealer pick me up a spare 375. It looks identical to the first one I bought.
20 inch barrel, laminated stock, iron sights, etc.

They still have 41 of the 375's left as of this morning and 37 of the 300 Win Mags Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Barrel band sling mount?

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk alaska:
Barrel band sling mount?

Yes, sort of. There is a sling mount mounted underneath the barrel but there is not a band that goes around the barrel.

Edited: Guess I should of turned on the lights and looked closer, it does have a barrel band on it. My first one has the sling stud in the stock, no barrel band.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be at $582.99 and $631.75, including shipping and 6% to the Michigan slush fund.

posted Hide Post
Ken,
Rifles have arrived at the gun shop. The instant background check was backed up so I'll pick them up tomorrow. Did have a look at them though and the 375 definitely has a barrel band sling swivel mount on the barrel, just as pictured on Davidson's web site. Thought I'd let you know.
Steve

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got my order in yesterday for a 375. Surprised they only sold half, but maybe some are waiting for their Christmas bonus/spending money to come in first. Heck of a deal, and there isn't much chance of a loss of anything on these. I doubt we will see another lefty stainless run for a while by Ruger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked last night and their website said the sale ends on the 29th and not the 31st for people who are waiting.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I can't even get on their website. Does anyone have a good link?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this.

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/co...num_rec=50&item_num=

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just went on their Gun Genie site and it does still show the 31st as the last day for the 375's sale