THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    LH MRC 1999 Action in a Factory M70 Stock

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH MRC 1999 Action in a Factory M70 Stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fellow Lefties...

I'm told that fitting this action to a factory stock is pretty simple. Any first hand experience out there?

Thanks!

Posts: 203 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have done a few. not all that hard. the floorplate assembly has to be put in deeper, that is the biggest difference. everything else is pretty minor. the 1999 action is the same size or a little bigger at certain points. if you take your time and pay attention you shouldn't end up with any suprise gaps.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear... will likely have my gunsmith do the work and he's pretty meticulous. Thanks for the feedback, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Posts: 203 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my M1999 LH LA put into a Richards Micro-fit stock inletted for the LA Winchester M70. My gunsmith said it was such a blitch that if I ever brought him another Richards, he'd throw it and me out of his shop. Seems the stock has way too much wood on it, the inletting is just crap and it's way off centerline. Moral: DO NOT BUY a Richards Micro-fit stock.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote