New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed revolver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Charter Arms has a left handed revolver at the Shot Show. Don't know any details. Go to the link below and they are near the bottom of the page.

http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_2007_1.htm

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have them listed on there website. I hadn't heard of them till now.

http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Undercover_Southpaw.html

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Just about all the single actions ever made were left handed.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12566 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta love that Sam Colt was a leftie.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6624 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ohiosam:
Charter Arms has a left handed revolver at the Shot Show. Don't know any details. Go to the link below and they are near the bottom of the page.

http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_2007_1.htm

That's a good start, now make on in .44 spl.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of urbaneruralite
posted Hide Post
I called the sales rep. They're planning to begin production by the end of March '07.

So...that means they're available sometime late '07 or early '08?

Posts: 57 | Location: SE, US | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've never considered by a Charter Arms pistol before but if they go to the trouble of making a lefty I'll probably by a short barrelled big bore for a pocket pistol.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12566 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
after thirty plus years of shooting double action smith and wessons i don't think i could operate that revolver on a reload under stress.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
We're headed to the NRA meetings this week, so I'll be sure and check these out. I wonder if it'll be awkward to use because I've grown so accustomed to righty DA revovers?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
after thirty plus years of shooting double action smith and wessons i don't think i could operate that revolver on a reload under stress.

What he said, except insert "twenty-five" for "thirty plus"...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've sold the K and N frames, just because I could never get comfortable using them.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked for one, tried to order one and was generally unsuccessful until recently. I walked into a pawn shop and there one was, lying in the display case. Turns out they had two. They still have one; said they weren't selling well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
For Lefties there are two good types currently available that are very Left-Hand friendly IMO.

Like Frank said most all Single Actions, and the Dan Wessons with the Cylinder Latch in Front of the Cylinder.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are available pretty cheap.