New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand CZ 223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone else want one? I do believe i do. What reviews have you guys heard about the CZ 527's

http://www.cz-usa.com/media_releases.php?m=4&msgid=70

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of the clip, but I will buy one if the price is right.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i don't. i have an interarms mini, a charles daly mini and a lh remington along with an assortment of ar configurations in .223. don't believe i need any more.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The clip hanging down kind of ruins it for me. That and the backwards safety. Think it'll be a Tikka for me.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tikka has discontinued lefty's in .223 from what I can find, and others too I believe. Do you have a link otherwise?

The clip could be nicer no doubt, and the safty is one thing I would change on my 452, but it sure shoots great.

Posts: 55 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No link, but this is an e-mail from Stoeger Canada.

quote:
Our first shipment of left hand T3 rifles is in transit now. The only left hand model that will be available this year is stainless synthetic.
Calibers we expect to receive include:
243 win
308 win
25-06
270 win
270 WSM
300 WSM
30-06
6.5x55
300 win mag
7mm rem mag
338 win mag

Please note that not all of the calibers listed above are part of this first shipment in transit. We will receive more shipments before the end of the year.

For 2007, we expect to receive the following left hand models:
-Stainless Synthetic
-Hunter (wood/blued)
-Synthetic Blued

We have not yet received the full 2007 model and caliber selection from the factory. We should have more info by about Nov/Dec. Feel free to check back at that time.
Thank you for your interest in Tikka.

Regards,
Stoeger Canada

I imagine availability and caliber selection is even better in the States.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looked at a new SS Tikka LH 270 last night. Thought it was unusual to put gas relief on the RH side on a LH rifle. Most LH rifles have no gas relief on RH side to protect LH shooters.
Any one know of any dealers with the LH CZ 527
223 Americans?

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looked at a new SS Tikka LH 270 last night. Thought it was unusual to put gas relief on the RH side on a LH rifle. Most LH rifles have no gas relief on RH side to protect LH shooters.
?

So in other words, it isnt really a left handed rifle. Sounds like a right handed rifle with the bolt on the left side.

Posts: 156 | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tikka,s gas relief on RH rifles is on the LH side so at least they are consistent.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw my first LH CZ 527 last night. Nice looking wood and well balanced. May be a touch light but I'll probably have to have it anyway.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who had one and if you dont mind what were they asking.

kk alaska