THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    what action to use for LH 257 Roberts

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what action to use for LH 257 Roberts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted
I'd like to havea nice .257 Roberts built and don't know which action I should use. Long or short, Remington, Winchester, Savage, Ruger...

I suppose the easy way would be to buy a LH Savage and have a new barrel screwed on.

What thoughts do you have on this?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to use a Montana 1999 action. I have been told that the Montana short action is longer than most short actions. So it should work well with the roberts.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Are they available in LH, as well?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cliff: I would recommend you take a look at Stiller Precision predator actions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:

I have a LH MRC action listed in the classifieds. It has a magazine box length of 3.0" IIRC. Send me an email if you are interested, it is new in the box and CM

Jkob60@msn.com

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:

I have a LH MRC action listed in the classifieds. It has a magazine box length of 3.0" IIRC. Send me an email if you are interested, it is new in the box and CM

Jkob60@msn.com

Take him up on it Cliff....then you can save money on shipping & just have Jim build what you need Big Grin

I'd love a Bob on an MRC

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Not until Jim finishes my rifle!!!!

Cliff, i think I told you about the projects he's done and now finishing for me.

Good stuff.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
pm inbound to you Jim.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
My MRC 1999 LH short action has a 3.1" magazine length and is perfect for the 7 Mauser sized cartridges.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Good thing Cliff's chasing that action or I'd have to.

Must resist the temptation.....

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I know you. And you are weak. Big Grin