THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Anyone been on Gunsamerica lately?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone been on Gunsamerica lately?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Note the large number of left-handed stuff being sold by "THAW ENT." Did a tribe of left-handers get wiped out or something? Every day something new shows up under their listings. (I bought one of the Remington 700s.)

http://www.gunsamerica.com/1895/1895-newfirst-1.htm

Check out the .223 Tikka.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
I've been watching.

If he ever posts a 300 H&H, I'd snap it up.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Siily Rabbit- never fly in anything where the wings are flying faster than the fuselage. We learned that in flight school. thumb

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChopperGuy:
I've been watching.

If he ever posts a 300 H&H, I'd snap it up.
They had an 8mm Remington Magnum. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976750665.htm

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried selling ($649) Leftie NIB win 70 7mm mag on Gunsamerica for 4 weeks. Not one bite.
The market for selling Winchesters has dived as fast as it went up.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
I tried selling ($649) Leftie NIB win 70 7mm mag on Gunsamerica for 4 weeks. Not one bite.
The market for selling Winchesters has dived as fast as it went up.
Maybe. Selling left-handed guns seems to be a somewhat volatile market, regardless of brand. Sometimes you can't give one away and other times you get four or five inquiries in the space of an hour.

Four years ago I sold a LH Remington 700 .30-06 that was in about 95% condition and a Savage 110L in similar condition that had been rebarreled to 7x61. I wanted $450 out of each since that was what I had tied up in each gun, but I had just watched NIB 700s and 70s go seemingly unnoticed for $100 (or less) more than what I was asking. When I listed them I really figured I'd end up keeping the guns. Damn if both didn't sell in under a week.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I had more money then sense ,I would like to buy the Sercay Double 500 3 1/4" and the converted weatherby in 500 ,, Dad always said I had lose marbles for brains

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Prices seem high but he sure has a bunch of LH
rifles. Will he budge at all on prices?

kk alaska

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I had my hands on a similar rifle to the 500...might have even been the same rifle. It was very heavy...like 14 lbs...and felt very awkward. Look at the size of the stock and barrel.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk alaska:
Prices seem high but he sure has a bunch of LH
rifles. Will he budge at all on prices?
As far as I know it's a consignment sale and the dealer's end is figured into the prices. I reasoned that short action left-handed rifles don't exactly grow on trees and neither do some of the oddball calibers (like the 8mm Remington Magnum). And the Remingtons don't have that lame-ass J-lock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave James:
If I had more money then sense ,I would like to buy the Sercay Double 500 3 1/4" and the converted weatherby in 500 ,, Dad always said I had lose marbles for brains

Didn't see them listed, which of the .500 was the Weatheby barrelled in?

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AfricanHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave James:

Didn't see them listed, which of the .500 was the Weatheby barrelled in?
Not all of their listings are in the left-handed section. They have quite a few L-H Sako AVs and some other somewhat uncommon stuff. I've posted the links to the two .500s as well as a link to their entire GA listings.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976736498.htm

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976736512.htm

http://www.gunsamerica.com/search.cgi?uid=2082331198

FYI, my deal with Doc's Gun Barn went fairly smoothly. I received the rifle I bought on Thursday and found a slight discrepancy between what was listed and what was received. Doc gave me back $75, Johnny-on-the-spot when I brought it to his attention.