THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left hand mausers from Remington

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand mausers from Remington
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted
I e-mailed Zastava asking if they still made left hand actions. They said they do. And that Remington will be selling them in a year.

quote:
Dear Sir,

We produce left hand Mauser rifles and actions. Remington will import left hand actions during this year. Please be patient.

Best regards,

ZASTAVA ARMS
Marketing Department
Trg topolivaca 4
34000 Kragujevac
SERBIA

Tel: +381 34 336 077
Fax: +381 34 323 683

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I hope it happens!

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
oh man I hope so. I'm still trying to decide what to do for a left hand 375 H&H. I visited the Waffenfabrick Hein booth at the DSC show and thinking I might go that route. Of course that might put me out about 5K.

Also grappling with maybe a Blaser (I know to some that's a 4 letter word). For us lefties, the Blaser modular concept has a lot of merit.

Posts: 488 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's great news. I emailed Remington last year and was told that they had no plans to import the left handed actions, barreled-actions or guns.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12552 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fjold,
i spoke with a remington rep a few months ago and i was told there were no plans to import any of the left handed guns.
max

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I got this e-mail this week.....................so I am guessing things have changed with Remington. More important to me, Zastava is still making them.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gs ganzer i was on the phone today with hein and they quaoted me for a sythetic stock blued barrel 458 lott 3600$ with iron sights.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
WOW....you could have had 10 zastavas for that price! Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Hein has been on order now for almost a year (lefthanded 375 H&H in the syn stock).
If you are looking for a less expensive choice try Montana Rifle Company (MRC) for a barreled action and then put it in a McMillan stock.
I have a never fired MRC 458 Lott Stainless I may be interested in selling. Drop me a pm if you are seriously interested.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,
Hein said that they were now running an 18 month delivery. What features are on the 375 you have them building?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Left handed, holds 4 down, syn stock, Kreiger ss barrel, finished weight to be just under 8 pounds. Roguard black finish with QD talley bases and rings. It is what they call their Palouse series.
I plan on adding a Leupold 2.5 x 8 when I finally get the rifle.
I wanted a good hunting rifle, not a safe queen.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,
I'm looking to have the same rifle built. What kind of bridge did you get? Standard, Machined, Hein Custom? Express sights? Quarter rib?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Standard bridge as I wanted to keep the cost as low as low as possible. No iron sights although I may add some later.