THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Looking for a LH Win M-70 FW

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a LH Win M-70 FW
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I am looking for a LH Win M-70 FW in 7-08, .260, .243, 6.5 X 55, or any other deer suitable caliber suitable for a young small female shooter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36770 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I am looking for a LH Win M-70 FW in 7-08, .260, .243, 6.5 X 55, or any other deer suitable caliber suitable for a young small female shooter.

These were only offered via the custom shop and not very many then at all. I saw a custom shop LH .308 FW advertised several months back for a cool $2500.

I'm guessing you're not wanting to spend near that much. Your options under $1K in the calibers listed are then Tikka (common), Savage (common), or Remington (not too common).

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
The only non-custom shop factory LH M70 featherweights I am aware of were offered in the WSM calibers (300, 270, and 7mm WSM). They offer the featherweight-style stock, but not the featherweight barrel profile.

Wayne E.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for enlightening me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36770 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How's this?

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That is a nice rifle, what caliber?

Posts: 51 | Location: Westcoast of Norway | Registered: 09 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
30-06

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
So Chuck, is it for sale?

Brian

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NO! Big Grin

But here it is with scope.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, besides, if you ever do decide to sell the SS M70 it should probably stay in Canada........ Wink Wink wave

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote