New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand Zastava !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
check the (Zander inc)catalog. your ffl dealer might get a left hander there. the have 375 and 458 in stock as of three days ago

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
At one time Remington was thinking of offering LH 375's....Here is a picture of one from the net.

A shame they never made it to the states.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
check the (Zander inc)catalog. your ffl dealer might get a left hander there. the have 375 and 458 in stock as of three days ago

If you are trying to say Zander has left handed 375's and 458's for sale, could you please provide a link. What companies are producing the lefties that you are talking about? I did a search at there web site and came up empty for any lefty 375 or 458.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he means Zander's Sporting Goods

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Perhaps he means Zander's Sporting Goods

George

That is where I searched. No left hand Zastava, 375's or 458's.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi randy,

i haven't called them but as a dealer i have done business with them in the past. i got theirnew sales flyer today. they do not show any kbi/ daly left handed rifles. they show several variations of the right handed remington version of the zastava rifles.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
someone is advertising a LH Chas Daly barrelled actionon GB for like 800 bucks.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to find an importer for the UK market, or even someone who has firm information on Zastava rifles. I finally managed to contact someone, no reply from Serbia though, and the information is not encouraging.

Yes, Zastava are making left hand actioned rifles etc. However, they appear to work in multiples of TipHook containers and pallets - minimum order 100 - 200 rifles at a time.

Zastava are one of the larger military small arms manufacturers and are used to dealing with 'big number' orders. It appears they have difficulty with the concept of 100 units being a very large order for the European sporting firearms market. I doubt even Frankonia in Germany could move that consignment several times a year, year in, year out (for left handed centre fire rifles).

On the positive side, even though there are some language difficulties etc, things are improving. As the man said, check back in six months or so.

I think this will need a big, collective crossing of fingers.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many left hand actions/ rifles they make per year? According to their website, they have a huge selection of calibers for left hand rifles & barreled actions. Where are they being sold?

Maybe we could find a way to import them retail instead of wholesale. Not sure what the cost would be, or even how to go about it. But I do know that I need (5) of them Smiler

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
iron buck,

i sent you a pm

max

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
If someone finds a way to import them, retail or wholesale, I am definetly interested.

Thanks!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adamhunter:
If someone finds a way to import them, retail or wholesale, I am definetly interested.

Thanks!

For bare actions, I'm in for at least two and probably three or four.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12586 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We here in Oz are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first Zastava shipment to the new agents, Beretta Australia.

Doesn't look like getting here until some time next month now, as it expanded a bit, due to demand!
Word we have from Beretta is that bare actions will be included [LH are confirmed], and a range of complete LH rifles.

The pricing for the long action LH rifles looks like being in the AU$715-900 range. The top price is for the .375H&H and .458WM's, which are confirmed as available.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the action - right- or left-handed - based upon the original M98 receiver that has a single slot milled into receiver ring?

While you're finagling with the manufacturer/distributor/importer, what's the status of left-handed stainless steel actions? And following-up that question, perhaps excluding springs, what parts of their stainless steel actions are not stainless steel. Do they pull a "Marlin lever action" where most parts are, in fact, non-stainless steel with bright nickel plating?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Naphtali:
While you're finagling with the manufacturer/distributor/importer, what's the status of left-handed stainless steel actions? And following-up that question, perhaps excluding springs, what parts of their stainless steel actions are not stainless steel. Do they pull a "Marlin lever action" where most parts are, in fact, non-stainless steel with bright nickel plating?

Who knows? They're not here yet, and the importer hasn't mentioned stainless.

Zastava do make some RH rifles that appear to be stainless barrel/action, but no mention of LH versions: http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=64

How's your Serbian reading skills? Just enough English titles on their pages to wish they'd go further....

Edit: One of the inmates over at australianhunting.net has found the English version of the Zastava website tu2
http://www.zastava-arms.co.rs/cms/index.php?id=314

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I contacted a seller of the $500.00 Zastavas and inquired about buying a nominal sum of LEFTIES in 375 and 458.

I was informed by their sales manager that they only buy through Remington.

I also called Remington and was politely told, won't happen.

I mentioned this to the FFL I work with and he has a friend who wholesales from European gun manufactures.

I was curious, should we be able to round up a 100 gun buy, would his friend contact Zastava and see if this could be arranged.

First, need to find out if a 100 gun buy might happen.

Remember, this would be only for 375s and 458s.

Give me some feed back as to the possibility of geting a 100 gun demand for the lefties.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would buy at least one of each, possibly two depending on the price. They have to be priced reasonably otherwise they would compete with having a Ruger, Win, or MRC rebarreled.
At $750-800 I think they would be a winner.