New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lefty Lott
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Built on a stainless Montana Rifle Company barreled action. Barrel is 24 inches long and is fitted with a rear NECG adjustable sight and the NECG front barrel band sight. Has Talley bases mounted as well. Just changed front sight beads as the first one shot to low and have not yet had the chance to shoot the rifle with the new bead. But beads can be bought from Browells fairly cheap. Holds three down and feeds and ejects fine. Sits in a black McMillan stock with a 1 inch Deceralator Pad and built to 13 7/8 LOP and stainless sling studs. Have about 50 rounds through it so far but never loaded up any full throttle rounds. Nice rifle and about as weather proof as you can get.
Replacement would run at least $1,900 by the time you had the sights added and take 4-8 months to replace. Price is $1,500 FIRM plus shipping. Am guessing it weighs about 9-9.5 pounds. Also have dies and brass as well as a Leupold 1.5x5 in QD mounts. If you buy the rifle and are interested in the extras I will treat you more than fair.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
How much does that bad boy weigh?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12555 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe, that double rifle itch is putting a killing on the bolt gun collection. Big Grin

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is, but once you hunted with a double aint nothing quite like it. For some reason I can shot my Chapuis with iron sights off hand much better than I can any of my scoped bolts.

Besides, If I dont start selling stuff I am gonna have to buy another safe. And that doesnt sit to well with the wifey, lol.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
How much does that bad boy weigh?

Am guessing 9-9.5 pounds unscoped. It is a #4 MRC contoured barreled.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Bill T.

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote