New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is insane
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Apparently these bidders didnt hear about the clearance sale at Gander Mountain!
http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=90980513

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Or some of the bidders are shills.

I see this kind of stuff on auction sites all the time. A bidder with low or no feedback, often recently registered, bids the price up. I stay away from most auctions where such bidders are not specifically excluded (an option on some sites).

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually put in a bid on this auction, about $250 less then the selling price. I really don't know why I bother with the gun auctions sites, but I find the occasional deal. Most of the time it's just window shopping.

Last year I went on gunbroker look at what a certain model rifle was selling for. Found over 1000 completed auctions for that model. Only 1 actually sold.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never considered some may be shills. But the second to the last bidder had 20+ feedbacks.
It is interesting as I seen other rifles very similar to this one selling around $700.
Just a thought, but I wonder if the news about Winchester not having lefties on there new web site is producing the high selling prices?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Price is determined by what someone is willing to pay. I listed two left hand Winchesters on Gunsamerica. If they sell at the prices I have them listed for, that is fine, but if not, I will hold on to them until the prices climb

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For that kind of $$$ they can buy it . I wouldn't it's not worth it to me ,. Better units out there for less $$$ IMO .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I don't think it is that far off base for this rifle. They were selling for $850 not long ago and if someone really wants the rifle I could see them buy it. Keep in mind that there were not many LH FWT rifles made in relation to the sporter rifles. Gun prices continue to increase and I would expect in a few years most will be in this price range.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I just got back from Gander Mountain in Middle Town NY and held 4 or 5 wsm 70's. All were 549. There was a 7 rem mag there for 549 also. All were left handed.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
I don't think it is that far off base for this rifle.
Then you are EXTREMELY out of touch with reality. The so-called left-handed "featherweight" Model 70s -- which have standard weight barrels -- were only available in WSM calibers and are readily available at $700 even today.

Gunborker is like the rest of these pissant auction 'sites; they've become completely overtaken with shills, con artists, and spammers who prefer the anonymity of the internet over operating a bona fide store front.

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What one man sees as a loss is another mans gain. Period......

If you have bought and sold guns, you know what I mean.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:
quote:
Then you are EXTREMELY out of touch with reality. The so-called left-handed "featherweight" Model 70s -- which have standard weight barrels -- were only available in WSM calibers and are readily available at $700 even today.

Gunborker is like the rest of these pissant auction 'sites; they've become completely overtaken with shills, con artists, and spammers who prefer the anonymity of the internet over operating a bona fide store front.

Yup....I am pretty much a dumb ass! I did not know there were redily available today at $700...please show me where.

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup....I am pretty much a dumb ass! I did not know there were redily available today at $700...please show me where.

You are correct, just Google left hand Winchester model 70 and look through all the dealers that come up. All say no longer available or out of stock. Then it also brings up current listings on Gunsamerica and Gunbroker.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mo' Money Than Brains ROSCOE:
quote:
quote:

I believe J_Zola and Ken Cline already listed at least one source, did they not? Maybe you need your kids to read it to you. Or maybe you're trying to justify your $900+ bid on Gunbroker.

As long as you've got money to burn, you just let me know, sport. I'll make you a deal on my 7mm WSM.

In the mean time, here you go, Money Bags:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/918781743/Guns/Rifles/Winche...r_70_Left_Handed.htm

http://www.gunsamerica.com/957917065/Guns/Rifles/Winche...r_III_7mm_WSM_LH.htm

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Please forgive me....Like I said....I'm a dumb ass. So both of these can be had for $700? I wonder if they are still for sale....Hmmmm

Also if said rifles are "readily available at $700 even today" there must be more than two places that have them for sale...right?

I am going to go count all my money now!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE the Dunce:
Please forgive me....Like I said....I'm a dumb ass. So both of these can be had for $700? I wonder if they are still for sale....Hmmmm

Also if said rifles are "readily available at $700 even today" there must be more than two places that have them for sale...right?

I am going to go count all my money now!
Get your kids to show you how to send an email or dial a telephone and find out if they're still available. I believe Ken Cline said his was, did he not? Or are you deficient in reading, too?

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm....
Can't find any $700 LH Winchesters ehh?

Now, back to counting all my money....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmmmmm....
Can't find any $700 LH Winchesters ehh?

Now, back to counting all my money....
I'm sure you'll need to after bidding $930 on Gunbroker. homer

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Gee Jackie, you remind me of how much nicer it is around here when you're elsewhere.

Posts: 9207 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If anyone knows where a NIB LH in 270 WSM is for sale for $650 I will buy it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
quote:

If anyone knows where a NIB LH in 270 WSM is for sale for $650 I will buy it.
Well, here's some sub-$600 left-handed 7mm (doesn't say whether they're 7mm WSM or 7mm Remington Magnum) Model 70s: https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/837108194/m/999102118

That ought to placate you pending a .270 WSM. I'm sure "ROSCOE" will have trouble comprehending that, so someone will have to read it to him. (I guess the Evelyn Woodhead Sped Riddin' course hasn't made it that far yet.)

One of the Gunsamerica listings I posted is a NIB .270 WSM for $750. Make an offer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jackie,
Your a freaking idiot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jackie,
Your a freaking idiot.
Cash is king, pal. You either want to buy the rifle you mentioned or you don't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try rereading what I posted about purchasing a 270 WSM and not a 7mm something or other.
I rest my case, you appear to be almost as stupid as you are ignorant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try rereading what I posted about purchasing a 270 WSM and not a 7mm something or other.
I rest my case, you appear to be almost as stupid as you are ignorant.
Try reading my post regarding the .270 WSM very near the price you mentioned. Try reading my statement regarding a relatively inexpensive 7mm-something-or-other as a means of placating your desire for a .270 WSM. Hell, try looking up the definition of "placate" and comprehending it before exposing your own stupidity and ignorance.

Here, I'll help: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/placate

Dumbass. homer

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Jackie,
Please leave....your tactics are crude and unnecessary. Differing opinions are nothing new on this or any other forum. Hell that is what makes AR an enjoyable place to visit. Your name calling and misrepresenting quotes is childish behavior that few will tolerate. Once again…please leave and go play somewhere else.

Roscoe

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 9207 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+2

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crybaby ROSCOE:
Your name calling and misrepresenting quotes is childish behavior that few will tolerate.
There were no quotes "misrepresented." I quoted and took you to task over your very own ignorant dogma. You called yourself a "dumb ass." End of story.

posted Hide Post
Enough, gentlemen. If you have a personal dispute, please take it to PMs or one of the chat rooms.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote