Find
Notify
Tools

China ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted
Just found out we will be there 45 days in summer 07. Any hunting etc for outsiders there??
Most likely a stupid ???

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember a comment about a sport fishing trip in China . The guy didn't realize they knew nothing about sport fishing !! Sitting in a small boat in the harbor amongst the freighters !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Invader66,

There are some awsome hunts in China!!! Depending on what part of the summer your 45 days are in will determine what you can hunt.
I know they have Blue Sheep hunts in early Spring(March) and the same in the Fall but possibly you could hunt in August for the Sheep and Gazelles. Also they have Ibex and 2 diffrent Takin, a White Lipped Deer and several other forest species. I would advise you to check with a booking agent as soon as you know when you will be there because it takes quite a bit of paperwork to secure your permitts.

Good Hunting,
Hawkeye

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I was Worried about summer. Anyone done
this?

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check http://www.huntcon.com or http://www.safari1.com for seasons in China.

Most of what I could see in China were in the spring (March and April) and fall (September through November), but in Mongolia Ibex season extends from June through November.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Jeff Neal at 918 299 3580. He has hunts to China.

Posts: 10203 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob Kerns of the Hunting Consortium. Web page of the same name. He probably books more hunts to China and Asia than anyone else. Prices are reasonable too.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Actually there are a number of hunting grounds open to foreigners in China. They differ in size and one cannot help but speculate just how canned the smaller ones are. I´m planning on visiting one in November. I´ll keep you posted.

Posts: 29 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gauti:
Actually there are a number of hunting grounds open to foreigners in China. They differ in size and one cannot help but speculate just how canned the smaller ones are. I´m planning on visiting one in November. I´ll keep you posted.

Please Do and thanks

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club