Notify
Tools

Pigs and Golf
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Rabid pig snacks on golfers legs
Express News Service

CHENNAI: In a shocking incident, three persons, including two golf players, were injured in a swine attack inside the golf club, near YMCA Grounds, Nandanam, on Tuesday.
Autopsy carried out on the carcass of the pig, beaten to death at the spot, showed “definite evidence of rabies infection”.
It was around 6 pm that the pig entered the golf club and began to run wildly around the ground.
Caddies and other youth started chasing the animal when it turned around and attacked two golfers, Srinivasan (57) of Jafferkhanpet and Prashant (57) of Kambar Nagar in Nungambakkam, in the leg. The pig also bit a washerman, Tamilmani (52), who was seated there.
While the golfers were rushed to a hospital in Teynampet, Tamilmani was taken to the Government Stanley Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, the men at the ground surrounded the animal and beat it to death with golf clubs.
On receiving information, Saidapet police inspector N S Kumar arrived at the spot, recovered the carcass and sent it to the Madras Veterinary College Hospital at Vepery for autopsy.
“We wanted to check whether the animal was inflicted with any disease, which might have triggered the attack,” a police officer told Express.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Esskay:
Rabid pig snacks on golfers legs
Express News Service

CHENNAI: In a shocking incident, three persons, including two golf players, were injured in a swine attack inside the golf club, near YMCA Grounds, Nandanam, on Tuesday.
Autopsy carried out on the carcass of the pig, beaten to death at the spot, showed “definite evidence of rabies infection”.
It was around 6 pm that the pig entered the golf club and began to run wildly around the ground.
Caddies and other youth started chasing the animal when it turned around and attacked two golfers, Srinivasan (57) of Jafferkhanpet and Prashant (57) of Kambar Nagar in Nungambakkam, in the leg. The pig also bit a washerman, Tamilmani (52), who was seated there.
While the golfers were rushed to a hospital in Teynampet, Tamilmani was taken to the Government Stanley Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, the men at the ground surrounded the animal and beat it to death with golf clubs.
On receiving information, Saidapet police inspector N S Kumar arrived at the spot, recovered the carcass and sent it to the Madras Veterinary College Hospital at Vepery for autopsy.
“We wanted to check whether the animal was inflicted with any disease, which might have triggered the attack,” a police officer told Express.

For others who may wonder, I believe the post above refers to an incident in India.

(Apologies if I state the obvious...)

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That puts a new meaning to "Hazard"!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
What's the correct club for beating a hog to death, a wedge?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12566 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So that's not an Eagle or Bogey must be a piggy,lol. Sory couldn't help it.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally, something that makes golf interesting.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maki:
Finally, something that makes golf interesting.

Dean

tu2

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 788 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard of golfer having to be wary of snakes and alligators, but rabid pig attacks.

Man, thats some tough bio hazard........... Eeker

Posts: 618 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
From another article:

"While most ran for their lives, a few, along with caddies, beatup the animal with golf clubs. "The pig was killed in self-defence," a witness told police."

Stand Your Ground

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would pay more for a round of golf with action like that. Could I pay by the pound.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote