Notify
Tools

chamois
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
a nice chamois I've taken in our Alps mountains

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done!!! I hope to hunt the little mountain dwellers sometime in the future.

Congrats again!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Hi Mario

Congratulations- you are a great hunter- I just read your Greenland report yesterday!

What rifle do you take on your hunts? How long was the shot? I hear the chamois can call for some long shots?

Take care

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys.
Steve,
for the majority of my hunts I use the Blaser K 95 cal 7x65 r, changing the weight of the bullet depending on the animal. For the chamois ( as the roe deer, fallow and similar) I use the RWS KS 123 grains. For bigger game the RWS 173 or 177 TMR or TIG.
I've taken this chamois with two shots: the first was at 310 and the second at 330 meters. And yes often with the chamois you take long shots specially in our steep mountains where you must shoot from the edge of a valley to another valley.
But, if I can, I prefer dont shoot so far. Sometimes you are lucky with the terrain and with a good stalk you are able to go closer.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Hi Mario ,excellent report as always .I have been hunting in Poland invited by NORMA,i loved hunting in Europe,but i would love to hunt chamois .I read your post about hunting in greenland congratulations my friend ,and i hope to see you here someday.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Juan! Nice to hear you. I hope you enjoined stay in Europe.

mario