Find
Notify
Tools

OUR MEAT JUST TAKEN
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
My family loves hare meat cooked in a steel disc with oil and vegeatables ,everyafternoon we killed one or two and then eat with family and friends ,duck meat is always on the table too.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good idea !! 'steel disc ,Do you mean an oriental Wok ??

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
On our javelina hunts, we process all of the jackrabbits our clients shoot.

The backstraps I cut into medallions coat in flour and chicken fry.

The front legs my wife boils until the meat falls from the bone then drains the liquid off and places the meat in BBQ sauce and makes like a chipped BBQ Beef for sandwiches.

The back legs we bone out, grind and mix with some pork fatr and make sausage.

My wife's Dad, who I never met called jack rabbits "Poor Mans Venison".

Our jack rabbits are hares, our cotton tails are rabbits.

With the cotton tails, I cut up and chicken fry those.

Too many people have grown up not knowing how good wild hare and rabbit actually tastes when cooked properly.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
A good idea !! 'steel disc ,Do you mean an oriental Wok ??

Down here, folks are using a disc/disk which looks like it came from an agricultural implement but with no hole in it and handles added (I have seen the handles made from horseshoes). Kind of like a wok but more western. I have not tried it myself.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
The disk Juan is referring to is a disk plow with handles added ... here are some pictures of a boar loin my father did not so long ago (and I think they are graphic enough for you to have an idea of how tasty all meat finally are Wink when cooked in such disks)

I am sure you enjoyed those hares very much, Juan amigo !! And of course some bottles of good cabernet are a must accompaniment beer for such occasions !!!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Any chance we can see some recipes for Disced Hare

or the Plattered Boar?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Around here you see fajitas cooked in plow discs but the rig uses two mounted on a pole stand. The distance between them is adjustable and you use the bottom disc for coals; cook in the top one. I've also seen a three-tier set- up where the top disc is inverted and can be lowered to serve as a lid for covered cooking. Neat rigs.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
More meat just taken by my son with a SW 44MAGNUM

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good one Juan!

Congrats on your sons good hunt as well.

Does he use earplugs with the 44 mag?

Best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
Juan,

Down here in New Zealand, Rabbits and Hares are in abundent number, and I always enjoy harvesting them for the table.

I found a French recipe for Rabbit and Prune Terrine and that has been the nicest way yet to enjoy rabbit I have discovered. If you are interested, I can email you the recipe.

Best regards,

Michael.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend's mom made rabbit with dumplings. Surprisingly it was quite good.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Cooking in the bush while hunting bush partriges ,or montarazas .
Yes im very interested in how you cook the hares.Very nice the choopers going to combat .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA