New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Critters Outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking about booking a 5 day Antelope hunt with Davy Nacey in Laranie, Wyoming.
Any one have feedback on this outiffer
THANKS
Jerry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dunno outfitter......but have a thought....respectfully offered. WHY use an "outfitter" in WY for antelope?! The critters are everywhere. BIGGEST may be found (NO hunting pressure) on an obscure road....go north from Rawlins to "Baroil" (tiny town). There is a "road" (1st mile or so are possibly worst road surface in America....drive at a "walk"...you will see what I mean) going west from Baroil (see a map) to a road junction called "Crooke's Crossing". Take the road! It proceeds to "high plains" .... on the way (open range) I have always seen enormous(ly racked), isolated bucks. I have successfully hunted antelope in SE Wyoming for many years....just by getting the tag (draw) and then VERY courteously asking landowner permission (always graciously granted). But, it no challenge to shoot a good antelope in those areas. If I were to go again (unlikely), it would be to the Crooke's Crossing area. BTW, from the CC junction, you may drive S or N. I have not driven S from there....but the road N ends up in Jeffer City (tiny town with several pleasant & folksy bars). The Sweetwater River runs E/W nearby....many beautiful spots along it. I haven't fished it....but it looks trouty.
Good luck.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote