Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I'm back from caribou hunt in Canada
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys.....Yep that was bad....And your right the guide WAS lost the first day..I was with him....thank god and the D.O.D. for GPS!!!Goose did they get dons bow to him?? It was a bad hunt in a bad camp with great guys...Harold and I got lucky...very lucky and killed bulls...cant say much good about the whole thing...and damned if the guide didnt leave me a going away present! his cold!!I will tell you this I feel very lucky to have hunted in the company of the guys that I did.Feel sorry for the next group next year..hope the dont get the canoe we nicknamed the EDMUND FITZGERALD II
but thats another story in itself...Oh by the way goose...got me a deal on a well used canoe for fishing in the erie tribitaries...you available to bail??Jerry..tell your buddy to email me about the upcoming red stag hunt.....Its with NUMSKULL outfitters...a Division of Nunami outfitters LLC........JUST KIDDING!!

posted Hide Post
This must be Joe! Good to hear from you.
The last I heard they were to get Don's bows back to him around October 11 or 12, but have not heard from him since. When the plane was overloaded in the Indian village, they took his bow case off along with a bunch of the meat and horns. Not a clue how they expected to get the meat to the hunters before it spoiled.
How long could we go on talking about this hunt? Most people reading this stuff probably think we are joking, they would just never believe the mess. They couldn't fly us to the caribou, but they could fly in beer (the same beer the guide filled his pack with and took home!). What a hoot.
I've been told we will hear from them about making some kind of restitution to us, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Take care.
Goose

Posts: 25 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote