Notify
Tools

Hunted with Mervyn's Yukon?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Joel C
posted
Howdy,

I am looking at a sheep hunt in the Yukon. I've had some contact with Tim Mervyn and was wondering if anyone here has hunted with him.....

Posts: 130 | Location: Ripon, WI | Registered: 09 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joel,

I hunted Wood Bison with Tim in Feb 2002. I like Tim quite a lot and his trophy quality on all the animals he hunts seems to be outstanding. If you look at my profile you can check out the Bison I took with him. He also had a client take the B&C world record Mountain Caribou in 1998 I believe.

His sheep hunts are a bit pricey but the quality is certainly there to warrant it. Every year he seems to take big sheep. There is, I know, a 40" sheep running around the area I hunted in 2002 that I heard survived last hunting season so GO GET HIM ! !
If you have any other questions about Tim or his operation, feel free to email me.

Best Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Joel,
I answered a similar inquiery before,and shall do so again.I would not hunt again with Tim Mervyn.,there are better choices for Dall Sheep.I liked tim during the brief introduction,then found out that he is more "business man" than "man"- in my very personal opinion.
Yes a business has to make money -no they dont have to do at all cost.

sheephunter

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote