Notify
Tools

Hunt in Pakistan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted
Hello

I hunted the Sind Ibex and Blanford Urial in Pakistan 2 years ago, and wanted to let everyone know that the game populations are excellent, the hunting area is very safe the tribal chief who’s area I hunted host European and American hunters every year.

I landed in Karachi, the outfitter then drove me to the hunting area which was about a 3 hour drive. My recommendation is to get out of Karachi within a day, Karachi is quite safe with the right people and the Bhutani Chiefs of Dureji are very professional. There should be no problems. They also have a couple of good rifles for those who may not want to take their own.

Safari outfitters, Shikar Safari etc. all arrange their hunts for the above species through these same people.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You have quite a collection of mountain trophies. Thanks again for posting a report from an exotic location that few of us will ever hunt.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Aziz,

Did you take an Ibex on your hunt? If you did please post pictures. i have a friend there that has invited me to hunt with him but I have been a little bit leary about going there at this time.

Hawkeye47

One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye47

With the right people there is no problem, the hunting area is very safe. I did hunt a Sind Ibex, you can see the trophy above.

Regards
Aziz

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aziz,

Thanks for the information! I thought the picture in your post was of a Urial Sheep. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hawkeye47

One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye47

You are right, I hunted both animals the top picture is a Blanford Urial. The second one is the Sind Ibex. I had deleted the photos from the hosting site not realizing that they can not be seen once deleted, so I think you missed one or both.

Regards
Aziz

posted Hide Post
Hello

Thanks for your excellent report. I think you have valuable experience in hunting of ibex and sheep so what is your recommendation for choosing a suitable caliber for ibex and sheep?
Is there any possibility to see the picture of hunted send ibex?

Best regards,
Kourosh

One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
Hi Kourosh

I use a 7mm STW with a 150 grain Nosler Partition bullet. I have a light rifle built by Rifle Inc. a Leupold scope with custom dots by Premier Reticle, so when it is zeroed at 250 yards with the developed load the dot below it will shoot dead on at 350 and the 3rd one will shoot dead on at 450 yards.

Regards
Aziz