Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

gun permits
 Login/Join

posted
Canada is charging $50 per gun Africa was charging $30 per gun now I heard south america is charging $70 per gun this year is this right?

Posts: 12 | Location: Chicago IL USA | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Argentina charged $75.00 per gun in April.

posted Hide Post
I maybe mistaken, but I believe Canada charges $50 canadian regardless of how many guns you bring. Not $50 per gun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DAVID COMISKEY:
Canada is charging $50 per gun Africa was charging $30 per gun now I heard south america is charging $70 per gun this year is this right?

Well, one thing to remember is that Canada is a country and Africa and South America are continents. What Tanzania does won't necessarily apply to Botswana, Zimbabwe or South Africa, for example. I'm headed to South Africa in August and I don't think they charge a fee. (I admit I could be mistaken. But when I was there in 2000 and 2002, they didn't charge a fee. Of course, new firearms regulations have gone into effect since 2002.) What countries in Africa and South America are you inquiring about?

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canada charges $50 per permit that has no limit on the number of firearms and it's being reduced (maybe already has) to $25. What the travelling sportsman needs is a comprehensive list of what country requires what, where to get the permits, cost, and conditions. ......Now there's a project for someone! ~Arctic~

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
The list would need constant updating! A group of us are getting ready to go to Argentina in three weeks. Forms that Gracy Travel provided us with indicates a $200 fee for gun permits, up considerably from just a couple months ago. Could that $200 figure be correct?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Just got a response from John Airala (who we are hunting with). It is 200 pesos, which equals about $70 U.S. dollars.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Matt are you hunting for doves or stags?If you go for stags get your self some of those knee high chaps that cover the touge of your boot.

Posts: 12 | Location: Chicago IL USA | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
I believe tanzania is $200.00 per gun plus an ammunition tax. Not sure how much that is.

Canuck32

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote