New
Find
Notify
Tools

South America water buff/puma hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking into a hunt in Argentina for water buff, puma, and european boar. For about the same price as a plains game hunt in RSA or Namibia, I could go on a "poor mans" dangerous game hunt at about 40% of what it would cost to hunt cape buff/leopard in Africa. Now I know africa is AFRICA, but considering this trip could be a once in a lifetime for me, I am torn between RSA for 5-6 head of plains game, or the Argentina hunt. Now I know that a water buff isn't a cape buff, and a puma isn't a leopard, buttt.... Any thoughts on the matter, and money is the object.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You can also hunt red stag fallow deer boar sheep black face deer and axis deer,and its alot closer then south africa.

Posts: 12 | Location: Chicago IL USA | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mad Dog,

I hunted the Buff in Argentina and it was really a great hunt. We also shot Axis,Blackbuck,and Boar on the trip. It was less than a plains game hunt in Africa. Puma was available on the hog hunts for a trophy fee.
We hunted with John at Sporting Destinations.
You can check out his hunts at www.sportingdestinations.com

Hawkeye47

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mad dog,

If money is the object I think that water buffs are the best value. I have very limited experience with water buffs but they can get the old heart pounding just like a cape buffalo. Just ask Scruffy. But if African sunsets are in your dreams go to Africa.

Ed

Posts: 151 | Location: Hartford, CT USA | Registered: 05 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed, when you going to come out and visit us in Namibia Confused.. ? The Uruguayans are haring it out there again this year, I believe. My new book is out and that nasty buffalo is in there and that is a fact ...as is you and your buff !!! And I agree with you 100% ... a sporting hunt for water buffalo is not to be despised !! thumb

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What area/province did you hunt the buff/boars in? Also, how much did it cost to ship your trophies back to the states?

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best places in Argentina for buff are the Provinces of Corrientes and Formosa. They are big.
Formosa it's a closed bush, but Corrientes have very open places to hunt water buffalo. The best Jabalí (big tusks) are in La Pampa and Rio Negro provinces. In the south too (Neuquen province).
I'm sorry for my bud English.
Good hunting.
Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We hunt buffalos in Corrientes and Formosa we dont guaranteed pumas but we guaranteed very good wild boars we have very good rices and even low season oferts.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Juan,
I also have suggested him via PM that maybe you can organize him a water buff hunt in corrientes with some fishing and maybe later try something different in the Chaco...I think you can arrenge that and it will be a great experience for him and his son.

Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much my friend ,i hope to see you in Buenos Aires or in Punta ,did you visit the gun fair last year or de synprode defense fair if you like these fairs we can meet there ,you know that you must visit me if you came to Cordoba.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
juanpozzi,

I am still waiting for the information on your Goose hunts in the South of Argentina. My Nephew is wanting to hunt there this July or August.

Hawkeye47