New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kyrgyzstan Hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have any of you hunted in Krygyzstan for ibex or Marco Polo sheep. What outfitter? Conditions of the hunt? Border crossings and other political difficulties? Experiences with bringing the trophies home with you? Any problems with import permits for your trophies either into the States or Canada. Any other comments would be appreciated.
Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I visited Kyrgistan this spring but did not hunt there. A friend of mine did and was excited. The country is extremely beautiful and the people very nice. You won't regret it.
Regards and good luck, Dirk

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Matt77>
posted
It probably would cost you alot of money, but if you're interested, you've probably got the money to spend.
Try 30,000 american dollars... that might be steep, but I know it won't be a hunt that costs an easy 5k american.

<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I looked around a bit and Marcopolo and Ibex in Kirgizia would run between 10.000-25.000 $ depending of the arragements.

Another option in to go to mongolia or nothern china in the pamir mountains. According to the Swedish foreign office. The political situation is soo good in the area around, Georgia, Kazakstan,Kirgizia and Tadjikistan.
Wild west is over rated, Wild East is more correct [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

[ 10-26-2002, 20:37: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

<Matt77>
posted
IF i had that kinda money to burn, you bet I'd drop 25,000 usa dollars to hunt marco polo sheep.
But, I fear I'd need at least 6 months of getting in shape before hand.